• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online Character Builder is LIVE!

Ryujin

Legend
It would be a good test if people having the problem could try loading US, through the Regional and Language settings in Control Panel (assuming Windows), then try it again.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
It would be a good test if people having the problem could try loading US, through the Regional and Language settings in Control Panel (assuming Windows), then try it again.
I wish I could. But I can't access the CB at all any longer.

vecna.wizards.com gives me the "LOG IN!!!" message and the regular link gives me the "Your session has timed out" message. Customer support told me to try using another browser or another computer. :hmm:

When (if?) I can access CB again, I'll try using it with US settings and see if that will allow me to select powers.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Works well in IE9. Fast once first loaded. No issues of any kind. PDFs are clear when printed with CutePDF and not of any unusual size. Used it on 5 different systems, all with IE9, and have had absolutely no crashes or hang-ups.

Some basic clean up and bug fixing needs to occur. Like power swap feats. And the UI can use a bit of fine toning, maybe put in an “Advanced” tab or something…

I have no clue what the angst is about... just seems like normally internet hysteria.

I am confused by your lack of clues. Well, clueless does describe it I guess. the inability to read all of the various issues people have had, not to mention a failed hot swap by WoTC seem to indicate some problems.

but hey, that's the neighbors problem and only exists in their head despite claims from the company otherwise eh? :hmm:

This comment just earned Mr. Kushner a suspension. We are really, really sick of rudeness. Whether you agree with someone or not, we expect you to treat them with respect. If you can't do that, use ignore. - PCat

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryujin

Legend
I wish I could. But I can't access the CB at all any longer.

vecna.wizards.com gives me the "LOG IN!!!" message and the regular link gives me the "Your session has timed out" message. Customer support told me to try using another browser or another computer. :hmm:

When (if?) I can access CB again, I'll try using it with US settings and see if that will allow me to select powers.

Sounds like a corrupt cookie. Are you using Internet Explorer? If so I would recommend going into Tools / Internet Options, then clicking on Delete, and selecting all options for deletion. You will need to re-enter any saved passwords after that, but I think you'll find that you can access CB after that.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Sounds like a corrupt cookie. Are you using Internet Explorer? If so I would recommend going into Tools / Internet Options, then clicking on Delete, and selecting all options for deletion. You will need to re-enter any saved passwords after that, but I think you'll find that you can access CB after that.
I've deleted all cookies from *.wizards.com. Didn't help.
Do I want to wipe every cookie in my system hoping that will help? No.

Suggestion 1A from every help desk regarding web applications is always to delete all cookies and temporary files. That really annoys me. If a cookie file contains the wrong information, the server should simply update it. I can see the problem with cached javascript files that need to be updated before they expire, but I am quite capable of doing a specific delete if told what file to remove. Mass deletes are rather desperate and will cause me a lot of other problems.

Ryujin

Legend
I've deleted all cookies from *.wizards.com. Didn't help.
Do I want to wipe every cookie in my system hoping that will help? No.

Suggestion 1A from every help desk regarding web applications is always to delete all cookies and temporary files. That really annoys me. If a cookie file contains the wrong information, the server should simply update it. I can see the problem with cached javascript files that need to be updated before they expire, but I am quite capable of doing a specific delete if told what file to remove. Mass deletes are rather desperate and will cause me a lot of other problems.

It's suggestion 1A because it's the most effective, especially if you don't know what specific content needs to be deleted. I don't ;)

You could always load up Firefox or Chrome instead.

Lord Ernie

First Post
[MENTION=10503]Oldtimer[/MENTION]: I had a similar problem for a while, but I waited for 5 minutes between logins, switched to another browser (I normally use Firefox, switched to IE8), and was able to log in correctly there. When I went back to Firefox later, the problem was fixed there, too. Hope that helps.

Remove ads