• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online Character Builder is LIVE!

ki11erDM

Explorer
Works well in IE9. Fast once first loaded. No issues of any kind. PDFs are clear when printed with CutePDF and not of any unusual size. Used it on 5 different systems, all with IE9, and have had absolutely no crashes or hang-ups.

Some basic clean up and bug fixing needs to occur. Like power swap feats. And the UI can use a bit of fine toning, maybe put in an “Advanced” tab or something…

I have no clue what the angst is about... just seems like normally internet hysteria.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
- Cannot choose any powers at all! The page is completely blank. When I open my charcter sheet, I find that CB has chosen them for me... and all wrong (all warlock powers are infernal pact, for example). Still no way to change them manually.
Hey Oldtimer,

You're in good company. There is a bug in the CB which seems to prevent users outside of the US from selecting any powers at all. As bizarre as that might sound, I'm not making it up.

There's a work around mentioned on this thread. It didn't work for me, but it might do the trick for you.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I have no clue what the angst is about... just seems like normally internet hysteria.
There is no angst nor hysteria. There's perfectly legitimate complaining about a piece a software with many problems and which performs far worse than what it replaced.

Quite frankly, this attitude of dismissing all the complaints about the new CB with condescending snark is starting to be annoying... :mad:

Phaezen

First Post
So far, so good - I have transferred all my campaign's characters to the new builder. A couple of crashes, but the auto-recovery means the loss of time was minimal.

Houserules and custom items would be nice, but not really a deal breaker at the moment.

Yes, there are some issues and bugs, but the offline builder has its own set of bugs. I am looking forward to seeing improvements coming down the line though.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I'm in Canada and it works fine, do you mean outside North America?
I can only speak for my own experience with the CB, which is that selection of Powers doesn't work at all, no matter what I do. But judging from the thread I linked to above, the bug affects people who have their OS "region" set to something other than "United States". I'm not sure what that means for Canadians. :confused:

mudbunny

Community Supporter

There is no angst nor hysteria. There's perfectly legitimate complaining about a piece a software with many problems and which performs far worse than what it replaced.

Quite frankly, this attitude of dismissing all the complaints about the new CB with condescending snark is starting to be annoying... :mad:

I think what comes about is that there are some people who have has no problems whatsoever with the CB. Either they haven't crashed, or they haven't made a character for which there are problems.

For others, there are some serious bugs which makes it difficult/impossible to make characters.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I think what comes about is that there are some people who have has no problems whatsoever with the CB. Either they haven't crashed, or they haven't made a character for which there are problems.

For others, there are some serious bugs which makes it difficult/impossible to make characters.
Yes, this is understandable, but I'm not seeing many being aggressive to those who are reporting positive experiences.

Furthermore, the fact that at the moment it has less features than the previous version is objective.

Ryujin

Legend
I can only speak for my own experience with the CB, which is that selection of Powers doesn't work at all, no matter what I do. But judging from the thread I linked to above, the bug affects people who have their OS "region" set to something other than "United States". I'm not sure what that means for Canadians. :confused:

Microsoft believes that everyone using a "Canadian Region" PC must obviously speak French, so they get a code page 863 French Canadian keyboard. For this reason the majority of Canadians will be running with a US language setting. It should only mess with French Canadians ;)

Remove ads