• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online Character Builder is LIVE!

Tenchuu

First Post
Not that I plan to use this function very often, but the "choose for me" button in the powers select window appears to be a random selection. I have unselected a power and done choose for me a few times, and it picks a different one each time.

Meh. Perhaps I will build characters in old CB, import them, and then double check the feat/power selections for PH3 and onwards.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
It would be a good test if people having the problem could try loading US, through the Regional and Language settings in Control Panel (assuming Windows), then try it again.
I had some time to waste at work today, so I experimented a bit with this.

The problem with power selection is 100% related to the decimal separator (we use comma in Sweden). I tried all four variations:
US english default settings: works
US english settings but with comma as decimal separator: doesn't work
Swedish default settings: doesn't work
Swedish setting but with period as decial separator: works

So the decimal separator needs to be set to period for the power selection to work.

I also tried to find out when this is evaluated, and it seems to be at program start. Changing decimal separator while working on a character doesn't affect anything. Not even reloading the character has any effect. Only by closing the CB and restarting it, could I get it to recognise the changed setting. Either it's caching the setting (less likely) or the detrimental effect of using a comma occurs at program start (though the consequences aren't visible until power selection).

I wish I had the source code so I could find it and fix it... :p

Remove ads