• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online gaming

Outergod

First Post
Hey all! I've recently been thinking about jumping into someone's online game. Can anyone point me in the direction of some that are well-run?

Thanks,
Outergod

Aeolius

Adventurer
I prefer PbP (message-based) as well.

In my campaign, I post a new "Chapter" once a week. During the week, the players respond to events in the Chapter, to NPCs, and to one another. I will add updates as time permits. The next week, I post a new Chapter. While this method of game play requires a degree of patience and the occasional spell-checker, I have found it one of the best options for those with hectic schedules.

Oni

First Post
If you have not already I would definately check out the Gamers seeking Gamers forum here.

I prefer chatroom gaming myself, and I've found the best way to find a good game is ask lots of questions before you join. Find out how much experience they have, whether they have ever run a game online before, what sort of play style they like et c. Basically find out if they meet your criteria, think of it as an interview. Also if it is a campaign that is already in progress or if the person runs more than one game ask to sit in a couple of sessions before you join, that way you'll have a pretty good idea what your getting into and whether it suits your particular taste. If you can I would also suggests starting out of with a GM you know, but that isn't always possible or you wouldn't be looking for a game online.

Remove ads