Online WoT RPing?

drothgery

First Post
A little elaboration on c -- the standard WoT world is roughly 16th century European technology, except for the lack of firearms; my distant-future setting sketch would have roughly 18th century European technology, including firearms.

rook111

First Post
Droth, the more you reveal, the more intrigued I become. I love the WOT Setting but would rather play in a world/time where there are unknown challenges and where my character can really shine as a hero not as an also ran.

I like a lot of your ideas Droth, but I personally REALLY dislike c.

Why? If you change it too much, what is the point in playing WoT? My vote is for keeping with the current time period of the setting. I think it best to use the setting everyone is familiar with.

Running the adventure (tweaked) in the book sounds good to me, as does picking up where we left off, with the Tower about to collapse.

Also..

Can I call for the male channeler? Actually, Ashrem is a woodsman, but his next level would be wilder. He doesn't know he can channel yet.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

drothgery

First Post
Ishamael [At Home] said:
I like a lot of your ideas Droth, but I personally REALLY dislike c.

Why? If you change it too much, what is the point in playing WoT? My vote is for keeping with the current time period of the setting. I think it best to use the setting everyone is familiar with.

Dave, or Rothgery if you know too many Daves, okay?

I expected c to be a bit contraversial; it's something I'd like to run (and hope to, eventually), but it's a bit out there. I like the WoT rules, and like the setting, it's just that I want a bit of freedom to evolve the world in my own direction (I think a lot of the fun of DM'ing is in world-building), and I've always been intrigued by the notion of doing a game with decent firearms and magic available.

Ishamael [At Home] said:
Can I call for the male channeler? Actually, Ashrem is a woodsman, but his next level would be wilder. He doesn't know he can channel yet.

Well, you've got first grabs on the slot, anyway.

drothgery

First Post
I've posted a couple of polls/new threads to try and figure out what people are interested in, as I've decided to go ahead and do this.

Valkys

First Post
On joining

I know you're giving the people who were going to be in Silverhawk's game first choice. I'd just like to get in line for a PC.

drothgery

First Post
I'm going to post a call for players thread later this week, which will include the decisions I made on setting and power level (thanks for voting, everyone). I'll explain what I want from prospective players at that time.

Other than giving priority to people who were going to be in Silverhawk's game, I will not be accepting people on a strictly first come/first serve basis.

Enforcer

Explorer
Hey, count me in. If accepted I'd like to play a Kandori Armsman who went to the White Tower with his sister to be trained as her Warder. His sister never came out of her Accepted test and he left after not being given much of an explanation for her disappearance. He'll probably eventually become a Blademaster.

Remove ads