Online WoT RPing?

Enforcer

Explorer
I know that someone was going to run an online campaign on the old boards, but I don't think it ever happened. I'd be interested in playing if someone wants to run a campaign.

Semirhage

First Post
I think it fell through when the person who was going to DM it came up short on time. They actually had an RP thread going... Maybe someone else will take up the call.

drothgery

First Post
I'm having trouple keeping up with playing in one on-line game, playing in one tabletop game, and DM'ing a PBeM.

I think I could've kept up with Lila, but playing in an messageboard game doesn't take too much time. DM'ing does.

Hi,
I am still interested in playing if someone is willing to take up the prestigious role of DM. However I might change my character.
Cya:D

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
I'm thinking about tossing my hat into the ring an volunteering to DM. However...

1) If I did, the game would get 'reset' from the beginning, as Lila wouldn't be a PC, though I might very well user her as a template for an NPC Aes Sedai.

2) I'm not sure 'when' I'd start things. Possbilities...

a) Run a tweaked version of the adventure in the rulebook, a short filler adventure of my own, and then Prophecies of the Dragon. This would be the least work for me, and for the most part you could stick with novels-era characters (though there's no way I'd allow more than one male channeler, and even that would be pushing it).

b) Start later, but still novels-era, quite possibly starting roughly where we were going to start this game. I think this is probably easiest on people familiar with the novels, as the setting is set up, but the major world-shattering events haven't happened yet. It's probably the most difficult for the DM (i.e. me), assuming I'm interested in maintaining continuity and making sure the PCs are important.

c) I've been trying to put together setting info for a distant-future game, where almost all the principals of the novels are dead or at least retired into obscurity.

d) Do something completely different, like a historical setting or a mirror-world setting.

Last edited:

rook111

First Post
Droth, any of those ideas sound great to me (especialy "c"), if you decide to take the plung let me know cause I want in and will be thinking about a new character if you go with a setting Naven wouldn't fit.

rook111@pernet.net

okuth0r

First Post
im still interested also, i have not found the opportunity at all to join a wot game and am eager to. I am also the kind of player to take the filler character, joining a game its normally "what does the group need?" please, please, think about the joy you can spread by dming.

Remove ads