• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Shayuri

First Post
Everything I've read says that if a spell can potentially be used against multiple targets, it's not eligible for twinning. That's how my other GMs rule it at least.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Working on the level-up.

A question:
* are cantrips in a spell book? I thought they were not. (if they are, what does it mean for casting them? possibly, scrolls could be made? I don't know).

Still to be done:
-- add two spells to book
-- make new spell selection

Shayuri

First Post
Cantrips aren't in the spellbook. They are always considered prepared.

In theory you can make scrolls of cantrips, but all it would do is let a caster who doesn't know a cantrip to cast it once.

It would have no value to a spellcaster who knew the cantrip.

Shayuri

First Post
Ah yeah, good point. That is odd. Especially since you can't add cantrips by studying them. Might just be a quirk of the module writeup. That's a nuance of 5th Edition that's easy for vets of previous editions to miss.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well the module says she has her spellbook with her prepared spells. I just copy and pasted (and edited) her spell selection without thinking about it in any major detail.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads