• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Adventures in Middle Earth: Over the Edge of the Wild

GreenKarl

First Post
I should make a note also... just from my own observations, since the big EN re-boot and lost of a number of months of game stuff ALL of my games have slowed down... like a lot... its very depressing but trying not too let it get me down

Jago

Explorer
Sorry for the delay: Been a combination of illness, a car accident, and crushing work. I'll get back on track as soon as I can, sorry again.

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
Oh, don't apologize. I was just worried people were bored already.

Gosh, I'm glad to hear you're ok, Jago. Take what time you need

I'll have a post up today, and then you all can start planning your journey.

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
Okie dokie. I'm going to be gone a couple days, I'd like you each to decide which Journey role you would like to play. Discuss it amongst yourselves

Remember, there can be only one guide, but each other position can have more than one character.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jago

Explorer
Well, in lacking a decent Wisdom Score, and the Perception/Survival skills, I'm pretty much regulated to Support. I've a decent Dex Score so I suppose Halvar can double up as a Scout, but probably should not be the lead in such a role.

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
Ok, so Jago's going to be a scout. Anyone else? This is kinda important to the game and I'd be loathe to move on without having at least a few people pick slots.

Ok I think that Ceodric might serve as Guide. He is a Woodman of Mirkwood flavour wise but stat wise with 17 Wis and proficiency in Survival he is +3 WIS and +5 Survival. Would that be a total of +6 or +7, LM?

If someone else is better off he can act as Scout (Investigation +5 with Advantage thanks to Hilda, but sucky Stealth only +2), or Hunter (Survival +5).

if no one else volunteers he'll guide.

RyraK

First Post
I could be a look-out. Poppy has a perception of +4, plus Natural Watchfulness which gives her double proficiency bonus to perception when in the Wilderness. In addition, I could also be a hunter since I do have Hunter of Beasts, but that's only for tracking creatures (double proficiency bonus when making Wisdom (Survival) ability tests). And...I also have proficiency in pure Hobbity Stealth...lol.

Also, I realize now I never wrote these down:
Known Lands: Mirkwood, Middle Vales (idk if they count as one or two since there's an east and west), Long Marshes

Remove ads