• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: D20 Modern Supers: The Orange County Eight (FULL)

What game should I run?

• Homebrew fantasy (see [url]http://www.catan.8m.com[/url]).

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Oriental Adventures.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Wheel of Time.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • D20 Modern Supers with 4CtF.

Votes: 17 48.6%

garyh

First Post
I'm going to start running some PbP games as soon as my finals are over Friday - yup, I'm finally giving back to the IC forum :). I'm looking to see what games people are interested in playing.

I've already decided to do two D20 Modern games - GI Joe vs. Cobra, with a game on each side (much like Jemal's Star Wars Republic and Imperial games). I'm trying to decide what third game i should run. Please vote and leave any suggestions you have here.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Note that this poll is for informational purposes only. I reserve the right to just do whatever strikes my fancy. :)

Last edited:

Krizzel

First Post
Looked at the website for homebrew and while it's intriguing, as are OA and WoT, I can't help but to vote for SUPERS! :D

Edit - and hey, look at that! It's winning too ;)

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
I was thinking I could even incorporate OA and Psionics into my homebrew (they hadn't come out yet when I started that face-to-face game).

But I lean towards Supers myself. :D

garyh

First Post
Keia said:
Supers would be outstanding!

Cool, glad there's interest. :)

The only super game in the IC forum I'm aware of is Buzzard's "Party of Seven Strangers" game that I play in. That's fantasy with 4CtF. So mine would only be the 2nd Supers game on the board, and 1st Modern one.

Yeah, it's beginning to look a lot like supers!!

I have some ideas for how I'll run a supers game, but I'm open to any suggestions anyone wants to toss out there.

Last edited:

Krizzel

First Post
garyh said:

Cool, glad there's interest. :)

The only super game in the IC forum I'm aware of is Buzzard's "Party of Seven Strangers" game that I play in. That's fantasy with 4CtF. So mine would only be the 2nd Supers game on the board, and 1st Modern one.

Yeah, it's beginning to look a lot like supers!!

I have some ideas for how I'll run a supers game, but I'm open to any suggestions anyone wants to toss out there.

Vote for Supers! :D

My favorite supers game was low-level (back with the good ol' TSR Marvel Supers game). It was set in and around the area where the gaming group lived, out in the suburbs. We'd apprehend the petty criminals and villians out there, and head into the city for the big missions.

I think the wealthiest hero (a gadget hero, of course) was a vice-president of a tech company at a business park, which was where we got most of our special gear.

Anyway, I guess my preference is for a low-level city-based game, rather than high powered, nation-spanning, cosmic adventures.

What about everyone else?

garyh

First Post
You're in luck, then, Krizzel. :)

My inclination so far is to have the game set in my native Orange County, CA. For those not familiar with OC, it's the county in-between LA and San Diego counties.

The Irvine Corporation, tired of having supervillians attack OC and the slow - if any - response from the superteams in LA and SD, establish their own superteam. Only able to draw "second rate" supertalent, the company must settle for 6th level PCs.

I know the area, so that's an advantage. And for interesting adventure locations, there's Edison Field (home of the Anaheim Angels), the Pond (home of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim), Disneyland and Disney's California Adventures (I may even have Disney be the sponsor instead of the Irvine Corp.), Knott's Berry Farm, and my alma matter the University of California, Irvine. Plus, the team can always be sent to help out the big clubs in LA and SD. :)

How 'bout that?

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
garyh said:
You're in luck, then, Krizzel. :)

My inclination so far is to have the game set in my native Orange County, CA. For those not familiar with OC, it's the county in-between LA and San Diego counties.

The Irvine Corporation, tired of having supervillians attack OC and the slow - if any - response from the superteams in LA and SD, establish their own superteam. Only able to draw "second rate" supertalent, the company must settle for 6th level PCs.

I know the area, so that's an advantage. And for interesting adventure locations, there's Edison Field (home of the Anaheim Angels), the Pond (home of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim), Disneyland and Disney's California Adventures (I may even have Disney be the sponsor instead of the Irvine Corp.), Knott's Berry Farm, and my alma matter the University of California, Irvine. Plus, the team can always be sent to help out the big clubs in LA and SD. :)

How 'bout that?

You went to Irvine?! =) My cousin goes there I believe. She's in her fifth year.

I like that idea...kinda like the Mystery Men film...that was hilarious. We can come up with really wacky superhero characters and have fun with it.

How about that? Wacky superheros with bizzare powers?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads