[OOC] - Discussion for Kingmaker game

Shayuri

First Post
My character's definitely not from the new island. I'll review the other islands today and decide where she's from. I have the basic background down, I just need to fit it to a specific location now.

HandofMystra

First Post
My character's definitely not from the new island. I'll review the other islands today and decide where she's from. I have the basic background down, I just need to fit it to a specific location now.
Ditto - I would need to rework my character if he were from the ship. I can make progress today.

Shayuri

First Post
Speaking of progress:

Now with 100% more background!

Ezmerelda "Easy" Shelby, level 1
Genasi, Swordmage
Swordmage Aegis: Aegis of Shielding
Elemental Manifestation: Windsoul
Extra Manifestation: Watersoul
Background: Recent Life - Mercenary Work (+2 to Athletics)

Description:
At five foot, six inches tall and a hundred twenty-five pounds soaking wet, Ezmerelda isn't exactly a towering presence on the battlefield. It's also sometimes a bit hard to take her seriously as a warrior, with her young girl's face and shapely figure clad only in light armor. More than one ship's guard has learned the hard way not to judge by appearance. Her skin color changes by which elemental manifestation she's currently using...a light seafoam green for Watersoul, and a faded cyan for Windsoul. Her hair is always stark white and long, but it will be flowing around her head as though underwater...or wildly whipping around in a phantom breeze, depending on her manifestation. Oddly, her eyes are a sullen orange-yellow, perhaps hinting at hidden flames deep within.

Background: Ezmerelda was a foundling, raised by a human wizard from the Imperium who was doing research on the calamity that befell the dwarves of Mykonos. According to her 'father,' he found her unconscious and injured in a tidepool after a major storm had washed over the island; not much more than a baby. Ez has always suspected there's more to that story, but her father keeps his secrets well. Though possessed of a keen mind, Ez had little patience for wizardry. She hated rules and restrictions. Magic came easily to her, but she despised the idea of having a spellbook, and a scholarly life. Ez wanted action and adventure and excitement. She took up with a warrior; one of the guards who worked for her father. From him she learned swordplay, among other things. Of course when her father found out there was a tremendous row, which ended with Ez storming off to make it on her own. For a time she stayed with the warrior as a mercenary on Bacarte. They didn't last long, however, and Ezmerelda was soon on her own. Integrating her magical training with her swordsmanship, she continued to pursue mercenary work as she grappled with the question of what to do with her life.

[sblock=Vulgar stats]FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 12.

AC: 19 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 13
HP: 31 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +9, Intimidate +6, Endurance +10, Athletics +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering -1, Heal -1, History +4, Insight -1, Nature +1, Perception -1, Religion +4, Stealth, Streetwise +1, Thievery

FEATS
Level 1: Extra Manifestation

POWERS
Swordmage at-will 1: Frigid Blade
Swordmage at-will 1: Sword Burst
Swordmage encounter 1: Flame Cyclone
Swordmage daily 1: Frost Backlash

ITEMS
Cash On Hand: 20gp
Adventurer's Kit, Leather Armor, Longsword, Crossbow[/sblock]

HandofMystra

First Post
Elurín

I have put together my build. I'll put him in a spreadsheet and post on the Wiki tomorrow. Props to Ozy for suggestions. I am taking the Bastard background.
[sblock=CB summary]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Elurín, level 1
Half-Elf, Druid
Build: Guardian Druid
Primal Aspect: Primal Guardian

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 8, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 15.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 8, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 13.

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 11 Will: 15
HP: 28 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +9, Diplomacy +9, Insight +11, Perception +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -2, Arcana, Bluff +2, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +2, Heal +4, History, Intimidate +2, Religion, Stealth -2, Streetwise +2, Thievery -2, Athletics -1

FEATS
Druid: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Half-Elf Spirit Speaker

POWERS
Dilettante: Visions of Blood
Druid at-will 1: Fire Hawk
Druid at-will 1: Grasping Tide (Druid)
Druid at-will 1: Savage Rend
Druid encounter 1: Call Forth the Spirit Pack
Druid daily 1: Summon Giant Toad

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Adventurer's Kit, Hide Armor, Quarterstaff, Potion of Healing (heroic tier)
RITUALS
Animal Messenger, Create Campsite
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Ok.... I got the adventure started. Feel free to RP with each other for now. Note: The colours of your names in the first post will be your speaking colours. The ones there are left over from my Chef's Request adventure so feel free (obviously) to select your own and I'll update

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...venture-kingmaker-dm-renau1g-judge-garyh.html

Mowgli - you're the only one from the island so we'll handle your part with just us while the others make it to the island.

Leif - I went with Faust as a placeholder name, rather than TBD.

Leif

Adventurer
Ok.... I got the adventure started. Feel free to RP with each other for now. Note: The colours of your names in the first post will be your speaking colours. The ones there are left over from my Chef's Request adventure so feel free (obviously) to select your own and I'll update

Leif - I went with Faust as a placeholder name, rather than TBD.
That's funny because I was actually thinking of Faustus for his name. Can you add the "us" for me? And also, can we make my color Light Blue? Don't want to be too picky, but you have two reds on the list....

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
That's funny because I was actually thinking of Faustus for his name. Can you add the "us" for me? And also, can we make my color Light Blue? Don't want to be too picky, but you have two reds on the list....

I'm fine with Sienna, but if we can pick, I'd prefer Dark Orange. Also, I think your link to Ruarc's sheet in the IC has an extra '[/url' attached to it - it's broken. The ones in the spoiler on my first IC post work though, so you could copy and paste them back to your post. His name links to the Wiki where his background and the link to his spreadsheet are found. The 'L4W' link at the end of the spoiler goes straight to the spreadsheet, and the Obsidian Portal link goes, well, to his OP sheet.

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry, Ryan, didn't mean to start a 'color rebellion' on you. :-S

[And that's "Leify," "Leifster" or "the Leifster," thank you very much, Mowgli! :p]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Me, a rebel? :D

I'm seriously fine with Sienna if that's your preference (even if you let Leifey change to light blue!). But if you don't mind a color change for Ruarc I'm OK that way too.

Remove ads