(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Everyone seems to know who she is...can someone enlighten me?

I could be wrong, but I think only Kahless knows. Because of that, I was a little generous with his history check, so Dellrak does too. I would sau that the Tabasco have no chance at all, except what they smell. Everyone is getting the impression that she might not be someone to mess with, which is good.

If you want to know, I'll tell you when we move on.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Eh, I just meant everyone is so careful not to disturb her. Sure, high level wizard / caster can be dangerous. But in a small space with all of us?? Dead in the first round. Assuming it isn't already dead as indicated by the smell :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I guess it depends on <how high> level of caster... Also, maybe Gamers aren't too scared of Wizards because of what you described (knowing that they have low HP), but I find usually Characters are pretty wary. I mean, imagine it. Who would want to be fireballed? It would be HORRIBLE. Only a gamer would think, "I've got enough HP to live!" and be OKAY with that. I like my hair and skin, thanks!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I guess it depends on <how high> level of caster... Also, maybe Gamers aren't too scared of Wizards because of what you described (knowing that they have low HP), but I find usually Characters are pretty wary. I mean, imagine it. Who would want to be fireballed? It would be HORRIBLE. Only a gamer would think, "I've got enough HP to live!" and be OKAY with that. I like my hair and skin, thanks!

Nope...I believe in my fur too. It's just that by that same token you wouldn't ever fight kobolds, goblins and on the other hand of the spectrum liches, dragons...

And yet, we do. And dropping fireball in a small area containing yourself isn't the optimal use of spells. If I was such a mage, I'd go with charm/confusion/hypnotic pattern or invisibility/fly and THEN fireball after I'm out of the confinement.

Not that I'm giving the ideas :D

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Nope...I believe in my fur too. It's just that by that same token you wouldn't ever fight kobolds, goblins and on the other hand of the spectrum liches, dragons...

And yet, we do. And dropping fireball in a small area containing yourself isn't the optimal use of spells. If I was such a mage, I'd go with charm/confusion/hypnotic pattern or invisibility/fly and THEN fireball after I'm out of the confinement.

Not that I'm giving the ideas :D
I was in one game where we ran across some mad wizard who buffed his defenses out the wazoo and then pulled out a wand of fireballs and started dropping them right on top of himself over and over again. Nearly killed somenof our casters until I smashed it with an adamantine warhammer. This was back in 3.5 though, and I bet he was rocking Prot from Fire. Still...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases