(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
By my count it's definitely further to go east. You can get to the lake in about 8 days, but then you've got to cross the mountains (along the base, not over them)... looks like about 18 days from the lake to the "scar".

The other way, if you get back in the canoes, you can cross the south end of the swamp, then head to the Wreck in about 8 days, then hack through the jungle for about 12 days. Better chance of getting lost going that way, sure, but just put more people on navigating, and you should be fine.

Speaking of which, I need a general consensus on which way you're going, and then I need the usual checks. I'm gonna go for two checks per character, with your idea about how the check helps your travelling. While perception is good to keep an eye out for trouble, if you do too much of that without enough survival or other navigation-type checks, you might get lost, even if you avoid trouble (or at least avoid surprises).

As always, feel free to ask if you don't understand what I'm asking for.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
(Are you asking me? Yes, they have rolled in the past, but that won't stop her from leaning into the physical task and not depend on them.)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Definitely inclined to go to the ship. IF we can get this working, not only will we save time on our trip to the flaming rock, we'll also be able to move around the whole jungle a lot easier. I'm sure it's not our last trip.

Besides, airship is always the right move!

Question: I'm supposing that the brown "haze" over the jungle indicates greater danger, but that's meta knowledge. Was Qawasha able to "see/sense" this, or is he ignorant of this?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Answers:
- NPCs should roll.
-"Haze" is not obvious, but not invisible either - dead branches on trees, less birds, that sort of thing. It "feels" unsafe. Qawasha is vaguely aware that there may be more danger in those areas. It's not as simple as "hazy" being dangerous and "not-hazy" being safe, though - it's all potentially dangerous, and 'hazy' places could still be quiet.

Remove ads