• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Wait, Qawasha doesn't have survival as a skill? Is this right?

Whaaa!? Oh, right. The adventure just says he's a Druid (monster stat-block) and doesn't mention any mods. Monster blocks have very little skills usually, and I usually add a few that make sense for an NPC. Looks like I just cut-and-pasted Qawasha without editing. He should have Survival +4. I fixed it in the RG.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Whaaa!? Oh, right. The adventure just says he's a Druid (monster stat-block) and doesn't mention any mods. Monster blocks have very little skills usually, and I usually add a few that make sense for an NPC. Looks like I just cut-and-pasted Qawasha without editing. He should have Survival +4. I fixed it in the RG.
Thank you - very reasonable, I felt it was a mistake. Rolls incoming...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
So Valindra Shadowmantle appears in the Drizzt Do'urden Neverwinter books. She was one of the coven of high level mages that made up the Arcane Brotherhood in the Hosttower of the Arcane in Lukson, north of Waterdeep. She was the mage that summoned the pit fiend that ended up killing Bruenor Battlehammer in the ruins of Gauntlegrym. Later, she was killed (by Drizz't? Or his elven lover at the time? Can't remember her name. Starts with a D.) And she was "saved" when Arhkan Greely(?), the head of the Arcane Brotherhood and a lich, made her into a lich. (This is all pre-Spellplague).

She shows up later as the head of Thay's efforts to find a crashed Netherese floating city in the Neverwinter Forest and in charge of Thay's forces in the area of Neverwinter (and vying for power and influence in the city), and working for Szass Tam, still a lich. So yeah, not someone we want to get into a fight with LOL

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yup, and she's after the Soulmonger, and somewhere out there are people who are working for her, looking for it. The footprints you saw headed south, which is generally the direction you're going (though you went West first, to check out the crashed airship).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You will note that while everyone is at full HP, a few characters are down a Hit Die. This is from slow-healing injuries. (The ape, Myrall's fall, etc). Miss Imogen's hand-wraps are mostly fluff (so far). She can complain about them if Kobold rolls a lot of misses with her bow.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just to let you all know: I am, yet again, waiting for my laptop to be fixed. I have some backups on my work computer, so I might be able to get some posts done at work (if I can find time) but it might be a few days still.

That's my excuse for being slow lately, but it seems nearly everyone is slow right now. I hope we can all keep going! These games are too good not to. Just let me know if you need to drop out or just need some patience and you'll get to it as soon as you can.

There will be no hard feelings either way.

Remove ads