• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires

Walking Dad

First Post
Ok, you have to choose one of your powers that logically could stunt the desired power.
Then you use Extra Effort to gain the alternate power feat for a limited time and choose the appropriate power for the effect you want.
You can avoid the fatigue from the extra effort by spending a HP.

In your case, the power most likely to be used for a 'Time Stop' is the divine blast from your ring.
Using extra effort, you have 15 PP to buy the new power. In your case I think you want Paralyze (MM p 95), maybe with a range extra.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OK, I think I got it, thanks. I was thinking Blind at first but wasn't happy with that idea. Knowing the PP business is what I needed to figure it out.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Not sure I did that right, but I used the Hero Point to alter the ring's effect to paralyze. If I used all the PP from the ring, then I don't think she can actually hit with it since the ring provides the accuracy.

If that's not right, or if someone else has a tip to improve what I did, let me know.

Walking Dad

First Post
Brick swears under his breath as he gets no signal in the room. As the others work to take on the opposition, Brick jumps for the closest exit.

OOC: My initial thought was to just have him barrel through a door or wall, but I'm going to admit that the object damage rules have me flummoxed. It seems pretty standard for a character like Brick to bust down a door or crack through a wall, but I'm not sure it's possible mechanically? Anyway, thus my vague description. I figure at the very least Brick's Leaping ability should help him vault over folks without taking AoO.

The rules for damaging objects are in the core rules, p 166 & 167.

Basically you try to break it with a Str check (+4 in Brick's case, including super strength) as a full round action, or make a normal attack.

Please say which variant you want to try.

We don't play with the (optional) AoO rules from the Mastermind's Manual.

jkason

First Post
The rules for damaging objects are in the core rules, p 166 & 167.

Basically you try to break it with a Str check (+4 in Brick's case, including super strength) as a full round action, or make a normal attack.

Please say which variant you want to try.

OOC: I read the rules; I just found them a bit confusing, I guess. The section that explicitly mentioned knocking down a door as an example (about breaking objects in-hand) seemed to indicate that it was a straight str mod vs. toughness without rolling, which seemed to be an auto-fail for Brick. If that's not the case, seems like an attack is more likely to succeed (since that's at +9 instead of just +4), so let's go with that. I'll add a roll after posting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads