• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires

Herobizkit

Adventurer
My character is also going to have a police background, ostensibly "testing" a new suit for use in crime-busting. The aim is to garner public support for a whole uber-SWAT team. Since (initially) only her employers know her real identity, she tends to skirt the line between law and street justice.

knightemplar

Explorer
Since we have a brick, I took up some of Voda's suggestions and drop my minor brick build and made her more of just a ranged attacker. I put the power costs up with descriptions to make sure I am doing it right. I have also increased my magic skills in case we meet someone immune to fire.

I do have a question though:

If I take the magic subskill as an alternate power to the hellfire control. If I had an opponent bound in the mystic bindings, if I chose to hit some one with the hellfire, would the opponent still be bound or would he be free because I used the alternate power?

PL: 9 (135pp)

Abilities: STR: 16 (+3) DEX: 14 (+2) CON: 16 (+3) INT: 10 (+0) WIS: 10 (+0) CHA: 18 (+4)

Skills: Bluff 4 (+13 w/attractive), Intimidate 4 (+8), Knowledge: Arcane Lore 8 (+8), Knowledge: Business 4 (+4); Knowledge: Theology & Philosophy 4 (+4), Notice 4 (+4), Sense Motive 4 (+4),

Feats: Attractive, Diehard, Fearsome Presence 5 (25 ft DC 15), Lionheart, Precise Shot,

Powers:

Demonic Speech & Comprehension: Comprehend 3 (speak and understand all human languages, anyone understands no matter the language). Total cost: 5 (2 points per rank and -1 point for broad type human only).

Demonic Flight: Flight 3 (2,500 mph Power Loss when wings are bound). Total Cost: 3 (2 points per rank -1 points per rank for power loss)

Demonic Fire: Hellfire Control 9 (Hellfire Flames Blast 9) /Alternate Power Hellfire Sword - Strike 9. Total Cost 19 (2 points per rank + 1 point for Alternate Power)

Demonic Resistance: Immunity 10 (Life Support, Fire); Total Cost 10

Demonic Warping: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal - flaw Tiring, Mental & Magic still affect her in Insubstantial)/Alternate Power: Teleport 6 (20 miles, extra accurate - flaw tiring); Total Cost 17 (Insubstantial 5 points per rank, -1 for Tiring flaw so 4 points per rank +1 point for Alternate Power)

Demonic Skin: Protection 7 (Impervious). Total Cost: 14 (1 point per rank +1 per rank for Impervious).

Mystic Senses: Supersenses (Mystical Awareness); Total Cost 1 point.

Witchcraft: Magic 9 (flaw Power Loss if unable to freely speak and gesture)/Alternate Power: Mystic Bindings - Snare 9/Alternate Power: Mystic Fog - Obscure 9/Alternate Power: Mystic Blast - Blast 9 Total Cost 11 ( 2 points per rank -1 per rank for power loss +2 points for Alternate Powers)

Combat: Attack +6 Defense 14 Init +0

Saves: Toughness +7 (7 Impervious) Fortitude +8 Reflex +2 Will +0
Drawbacks: Power Loss (Holy Sites, Uncommon/Major) -3, Vulnerable (vs. Holy, Uncommon/Major) -3,

Abilities 24 + Skills 8 (32 Ranks) + Feats 9 + Powers 80 + Combat 20 + Saves 0 – Drawbacks -6 = 135pp

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
My character is also going to have a police background, ostensibly "testing" a new suit for use in crime-busting. The aim is to garner public support for a whole uber-SWAT team. Since (initially) only her employers know her real identity, she tends to skirt the line between law and street justice.

Hmmm, that might work into the whole credibility angle, actually. Perhaps all of us are part of some kind of pilot rehabilitation program ala Thunderbolts or Suicide Squad. The city's worked a deal with the 'shadier' team members (possibly at Dr. Kaltzov's request, in exchange for his help in designing the power suit?) to give them a wide berth if they agree to help with super menaces. Sheildmaiden would be the official / unofficial police liaison (like the suit, only her direct supervisors know of the police ties, otherwise disavowing the group). Brick's officially a vigilante, so even he could be there under some level of legal threat, and / or to help keep an eye on / keep the others 'in line.'

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I am still thinking about how I want to tie Octavia in. I left her background ending with her walking the Earth observing. I hope to get some time her soon to look at VV's character background to get something to spark.

Of course, still wondering what WD has to say about being Lawful Evil vs. Lawful Neutral.

Edit: Completely missed that you reviewed my sheet again in the text version. Added two more points to Sense Motive. I also clarified the Regeneration (Recovery Time)

As for only having Uncanny Dodge 2, she also has Combat Awareness and Eyes in Back of her Head. I think she will be pretty hard to sneak up on and surprise. Of course if I need Uncanny Dodge 3, I could trade a PP from Skills. Opinions anyone?

I also read VV's Dr. Chaos background. Octavia's nature, even when being Evil was not too fond of agents of Chaos, but if he is leaning more towards Tyranny and War, then she might have signed on as a mercenary super-villain. That would assume she stays more evil and is not making much headway on the path to redemption.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
if he is leaning more towards Tyranny and War, then she might have signed on as a mercenary super-villain. That would assume she stays more evil and is not making much headway on the path to redemption.

That, he uses chaos, but he is not a chaotic character, all the contrary. He is planning on the stereotypical: "Today its Gotham city; Tomorrow, THE WORLD! BUAHAHAHAHA!"

Octavia might have been teleported away or near Dr. Chaos, that's up to you.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I envision her walking the Earth for more than a few years observing. But she could have been drawn to Dr. Kaltsov just because some self-righteous vigilante super-hero wannabes are giving him a hard time. She still doesn't like them in this new world either.

Her original draft of her background had her more motivated by a desire to increase her power. She might not be above using Dr. Kaltsov to that end, playing the long con double-cross or just being content to reap rewards by helping him.

Walking Dad

First Post

If I take the magic subskill as an alternate power to the hellfire control. If I had an opponent bound in the mystic bindings, if I chose to hit some one with the hellfire, would the opponent still be bound or would he be free because I used the alternate power?

You are right. You could avoid this with the independent extra, but as the GM I prefer your build.

Walking Dad

First Post
Revised and resubmitting for further review.

Dr. Kaltzov

Still don't get your skills. Maybe another player can help me, if it is right and I'm wrong.

Drawbacks:
Shield is a sustained power, so it is noticiable by default.
Please explain how the character qualifies for the Normal Identity drawback.

Background is now fine and compatible with the adventure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads