• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - Mad King's Monkey (Thread Closed)

Axel

First Post
We seem to be off to an ominously good start in terms of die rolls. Three d20's later and nothing above an 8... Still, statistics giveth and statistics taketh away. It just means a series of critical hits in the first combat, right? :)

Apologies if it seems like I'm trying to take over. Excess of time available owing to the construction job I'm on for 8 days being dead slow...nothing much to do. Rest assured that from Wednesday onwards I'll be back home and return to my normal 1-2 post/day normal schedule.

doghead

thotd
Apologies if it seems like I'm trying to take over.

Apology appreciated, but unnecessary for the following reasons:
1. See Doghead's Guide to PbP.
2. See Doghead's Guide to PbP.
3. See Doghead's Guide to PbP.

But seriously, I would much rather be in a game which sometimes leaves me scrambling to catch up, than one that has frequent long halts while people wait on on another. And I am speaking from long experience as a PbP player here mostly.

If someone does have a problem with the rate of posting, now or down the track, and is feeling left behind, email or message me. Of course, if it is detracting from someone's enjoyment, we will manage it. But until then, crack on.

thotd

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Just a note, the Misfortune requires the target to reroll, no choice in denying the reroll. Makes it more of a misfortune, and less of a boon. Just thought I would point that out.

Axel

First Post
Noted. Will continue until Tuesday lunchtime when I start a 3 hour drive to take a 2 hour flight to get home again. I like these rules more and more. :)

Speak up or forever hold your peace?

doghead

thotd
Just a note, the Misfortune requires the target to reroll, no choice in denying the reroll. Makes it more of a misfortune, and less of a boon. Just thought I would point that out.

Interesting. My first thought was to nix the 'no choice' thing. But actually, Fangor's right, it would just make it a boon type mechanism.

What I will say instead is that the target will know 'something odd just happened' when the power is activated. Like a kind of deja vu feeling perhaps. From there I am sure that the characters can sort out between themselves what's going on and how they feel about it. By which I mean that you can sort out how you want to play it.

Axel said:
Speak up or forever hold your peace?

Speak up certainly. But there is no expiry date on the offer.
[MENTION=30034]ghostcat[/MENTION] - How are you going with your getting your character up in the Rogues Gallery thread? Are you waiting on anything from me?

thotd

doghead

thotd
After several hours working with the campaign manager, I am pretty sure that I could have achieved more just by starting a Setting Thread. That been said, I am going to continue with it for the time being for a couple of reasons.
1. I am starting to work out how it works.
2. It has a couple of features that might be useful.

First to mind is the events section, which could be useful for keeping track of when people are away, especially with the holidays approaching.

The other is the ability of all members to edit posts in the Wiki. So as the game progresses, you can add information you feel is important. That been said, I have learnt the hard way that some changes can really mess things up, and new pages cannot be deleted, and NEVER DIE. So for the moment, hold of on posting in the Wiki.

Invitations have been sent out to you all.

thotd

Invitations have been sent out to you all.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads