• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - Mad King's Monkey (Thread Closed)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok, rogues gallery updated with Eban the Deaf. Long background, but when I write, it all comes out. Snyposis is:

Eban was 8 when he was found at temple doors, raised until recently turning 18. He was found to be deaf, but not mute, and something terrible happened to bring him there. He learned to work magic and metal as part of it. Temple was asked to send someone to Chancellor that could heal and yet keep what they might overhear as secret. Eban was perfect for the job. On the last night, his curiosity got the better of him and he wandered into forbidden storage rooms, found key, found compartment with a compass and left the next day with his 'prize'.

As for what he thinks of the rest, coming shortly...

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
I have not spent the rest of my funds, only bought a piece of armor, one dagger, backpack, bedroll, chalk and chalkboard along with a belt pouch. can I still post in the IC thread while trying to finalize my purchases? I am thinking of taking a guard dog, but not decided yet. From his viewpoint, he's not a trued adventurer, so he has not bought the items to warrant him needing to be one.

doghead

thotd
[MENTION=2368]FANGO[/MENTION]r

Happy for you to jump into the IC thread. The idea is that this first 'adventure' should be fairly short, so there is no need to spend everything now on equipment. And it is not like you have been tasked to proceed into the Lost Forest of Doom, find the Dungeon of Unspeakable Danger, defeat the Mighty Monster of Monstrousness and recover the Drinking Mug of the Mad King's Monkey. For which, obviously you would need every adventuring accessory, including your trusty 10 foot pole.

A dog is fine, Hoegor had two.

thotd

doghead

thotd
Fango?

From the Pathfinder site:

Mead, Linnorm

Source Adventurer's Armory

The favorite drink of the Ulfen, this honey mead has traveled with them into the southern lands. It is sweet and strong and, according to Ulfen bards, is an indisputable aid to singing.​

thotd

Axel

First Post
@FANGO r

Happy for you to jump into the IC thread. The idea is that this first 'adventure' should be fairly short, so there is no need to spend everything now on equipment. And it is not like you have been tasked to proceed into the Lost Forest of Doom, find the Dungeon of Unspeakable Danger, defeat the Mighty Monster of Monstrousness and recover the Drinking Mug of the Mad King's Monkey. For which, obviously you would need every adventuring accessory, including your trusty 10 foot pole.

A dog is fine, Hoegor had two.

thotd

A 10 foot pole!!! Every level 1 character I made for nearly 10 years had a 10 foot pole. It was useful once, if I remember rightly. Since the millenium turned I have taken to not bothering anymore.

Graduating in confidence enough to NOT carry a pole was an important rite of passage into Level 2. :)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Cool. Replied back to email doghead. Sounds like we are on the same page in regards to the concepts and how to build the character. I sent some proposals, so feel free tell me what you think.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
No prob. I updated character sheet with spending some of the funds. Had to buy Healers Kit to keep in character, as well as a spell component pouch. Then bought a journal, ink and a pen. That's it, and nothing that would change anything, so I figure it's okay.

Also, I will put some stipulations on the Misfortune ability as they come up. Like now, he's looking to grant Sukri the misfortune chance should it be needed. Will use it depending on situation and circumstances. Mainly because Sukri seems to be the only person not pissing off Kovic, lol.

doghead

thotd
I updated character sheet with spending some of the funds. Had to buy Healers Kit to keep in character, as well as a spell component pouch. Then bought a journal, ink and a pen. That's it, and nothing that would change anything, so I figure it's okay.

No problem. I trust you guys to manage this sort of thing and, if you are not sure about something, to ask as required.

@ ALL

On that note, you don't have post rolls. You can if you wish, it does help me 'see' what your character knows.

It can also give me a good laugh. Could have saved myself some time with those higher DC results ...
[MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION] I am glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself. I have been enjoying this game immensely myself. Thank you everyone.

@ ALL

On another note, I just wanted to make sure everyone was happy with what this means:

(Granting Misfortune to Sukri, if he rolls 1-8 on Sense Motive roll, granting a reroll for him only).​

So, if Electric Wizard rolls an 8 or less, he may choose to re-roll. He must, however, take the result of the re-roll. Given this is PbP, this seems to be the best way to manage the 'Misfortune' ability.

On a final note, I have a bit of time over the next few days, and was thinking of trying out the ENWorld Campaign Manager. If any of you have any experience with the CM, please feel free to share any ideas or suggestions.

thotd

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads