• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Of Sound Mind

Jarval

Explorer
So, I've just been looking over the revised 3.5 SRD, and for the most part, I like what I see. What's everyone's opinion on making the switch over? Obviously, we'd need to wait for the revised psionics rules before we could make the full switch-over, but I'm quite keen on the changes they've made to the classes.

That said, I'll be keeping some of the old rules when it comes to spells. Haste, for one...

Other Guy

First Post
I think I’d like to switch over, personally, though I don’t really mind either way. I don’t have the books, but I can look over the SRD and fix up Jason if we do switch over.

Zhure

First Post
I like the new classes; I loathe the new spells.

I like most of the feat changes, except Power Attack. 3.5 PA is more beneficial to Gholog and I'd still prefer to do it the 3e way because if he's forced to wield a light weapon by circumstance it's a wasted feat. (In truth, that's why Gholog has IUS, so it's not a real issue. I just hate the new PA.)

Based on the brief blurb above regarding spells and classes, I think Jarval and I are much alike in our regard for 3.5.

Greg

I'm fine with switching, of course in my case there isn't much to do right now. I haven't played an straight D&D sence before 3.5 came out so i've yet to have any problems with it, other then keen and improved crit not stacking.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Seraphina isn't with the rest of the group, correct? The plan was for her to stay below and come up the way we had done previously, and pick off any goblins as the others climbed down.

Unless I had missed something... but I don't think I did.

Ha! I remembered that OoC comments go in the OoC thread... I can be taught! :D;):p

Jarval

Explorer
GnomeWorks said:
Ha! I remembered that OoC comments go in the OoC thread... I can be taught! :D;):p
Good work ;) Of course, I also need to remember to check the OOC thread... :eek:

Right, onto the point of the route Seraphina climbs. As he was making his way up, Gholog was pretty sure that there were places he wouldn't have been able to scale without the spider climb spell. Since he's a more experienced climber that Seraphina (that is, he's got a higher total bonus), the same would probably hold true for her. Add to the distinct advantage of attacks from above, and overall it doesn't seem like a great idea. However, if you want to try, I'm not going to stop you :)

Last edited:

Other Guy

First Post
Sorry, I'm kind of confused about the layout of where we are. The goblins ran behind a door and bolted it, right? So is that a door to a place we haven’t been yet, or does it lead back to the room with the dragon corpse? I had been assuming it lead back to the dragon, and that we were now trapped where we were unless we broke through the door, sorry if I was mistaken, :)

Remove ads