• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Planescape: Divided We Stand

Baronsquee

First Post
Yes, Proxy points sound like an interesting addition. Looking forward to seeing how they work out in practice. And Proxy Points has a nice Planescape feel to it, too!

Antithetist

First Post
If you're going scholar, I can still go the vizier-ish route then. We'll see how it goes. Maybe our love for learning has joined us together, hm? ;)

Yeah. :) If you wanted some background tie-in, take a look at my Personality/Background sblock and see what you think of the brief sketch I made there of Khalil's prime world. If you like it, it's possible that your guy's Egyptian-themed culture could have been an offshoot of the same destroyed civilization, and may perhaps be a rival or allied nation state - in which case it's possible that the two collaborate to some extent on archaeological projects on the mainland. Which might provide a nice way of bringing our characters together prior to their planar jaunt, if they were delegates of their respective nations in some joint project.

Or, you know, not. ;) It's fine if you want to just do your own thing background-wise, obviously.

Proxy Points
Proxies are the servants of deities and other Powers, imbued with divine power. For being a good player, the Power of Games (that's yer DM, berk) will make you his Proxy every so often.
Players start with 1 Proxy Point. They can gain a Proxy Point for being entertaining, clever, or interesting, writing well, or just generally being excellent.
Proxy Points can be used to:

• Edit a scene. Want there to be an antique sword hanging on the wall that you manage to grab and use to defend yourself? Want to meet a certain somebody in the Lady's Ward? Make it happen in your post, then let us know you've spent a point in an sblock beneath it. Please play nice with your godlike powers.
  • Temporary feat. Gain the use of any feat for which you qualify until the end of the scene. Must make a certain amount of sense in context.
  • Improve a roll. Take any d20 roll that came up 10 or less, and add 10 to it. This can get you a natural twenty, if you want it.
  • Inspiration. Get a hint from the DM.
  • Recover. Go from dying to 0 hit points and stable. You character regains consciousness, but still suffers all the negative effects of the disabled condition.
Sound good? I'll add it to the OP's House Rules section if you guys are interested in using it.

Sounds great! I love it.

Last edited:

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Okay, Proxy Points are officially in!

I'd also like to reiterate how pleased I am with the character creation I'm seeing. I was really worried I'd see a lot of over-the-top, CharOps builds from opening things up to any source at all, but you guys have taken this in the creative spirit in which it was intended. Thank you!

Shayuri

First Post
The Effervescent Etrigan! (Nom de Plume)
Changeling Beguiler 1
Stats
STR 9, DEX 14, CON 13, INT 16, WIS 14, CHA 16
Stat Roll

Hit Points 7/7
AC: 12
Fort: +1
Reflex: +2
Will: +4

Racial traits
Minor Shapechange (Su) - As Disguise Self, but physical changes to body only.
+2 Sense Motive, +2 Bluff
Natural Linguist - Speak Language is always class skill
Shapechanger subtype

Feats
Spell Focus: Enchantment

Skills 36
Bluff 4 +3 + 2
Diplomacy 4 + 3
Disguise 2 + 3
Intimidate 2 + 3
Sense Motive 4 +2 + 2
Knowledge: Planes 2 + 3
Speak Language 2
Hide 4 + 2
Move Silently 4 + 2
Spot 4 + 2
Listen 4 + 2

Languages: Common, Elvish, Draconic, Giant, Celestial, Infernal

Spellcasting (Beguiler CL1, DC 13+lvl, 14+lvl for enchantment)

0 - 4/4, 1 - 4/4

Known Spells
1 - (Normal for beguiler...don't have list here at presnt.)

Equipment
Weapon

Armor

Gear

Background
Being whisked away accidentally to Sigil is how a number of beings find their ends. For Etrigan, it was a new beginning. He laid low until he'd learned the chant of things, adapting to the new culture as if he'd been born to it. While dabbling in legitimate pursuits of coin, Etrigan made the acquaintance of (...), a githzerai who sold his 'belief' in things. He explained to Etrigan how belief shaped, or could shape, the cosmos. At first Etrigan was dubious, but his further researches confirmed the essence of the gith's teachings. He got an idea from that. Why stop at one person's belief? Thus Sigil was introduced to the various iterations and incarnations of "The Method."

The Method is a generic name (he spices it up for each pitch) for what is essentially a con game Etrigan uses to lure jink in from the credulous and unwary. He claims that, for a fee, he will circulate stories and manipulate beliefs all around Sigil and the multiverse in the favor of the client...who will then see the very nature of reality alter itself to his benefit.

It's bunk, of course; altering the cosmos doesn't work that way...and even if it did, Etrigan's efforts to spread the new paradigm are not nearly enough to have such narrow, specialized effects. Even so, with his githzerai confederate, and the testimonies of those who got legitimately lucky after utilizing his 'Method,' Etrigan can make a good bit of cash before folding his tent and vanishing before those who did NOT become lucky can find him again.

ethandrew

First Post
Here's the druid plus animal companion. Keys to come. I'm trying to juggle a few things in my mind, like Keys of Balance & Nature, but I'm getting a lot of overlap.

[sblock=Chimpanzee Druid]Pinder

Male Chimpanzee Druid
Alignment: TN
ECL: 1

Abilities:
STR - 11
DEX - 16
CON - 12
INT - 15
WIS - 18
CHA - 11

HP: d8 = 9
Speed: 30ft
Initiative: 3
EXP: 1/1000

AC: 16 (+ 3 Dex + 2 Leather + 1 Size)
Flat Footed AC: 13
Touch AC: 14

Saves:
Fort: 3
Reflex: 3
Will: 6

Attack/Ranged/Grapple: +1/+4/-4

Weapons:
Spear/Melee: +1 1d6 x20 Piercing
Spear/Ranged: +4 1d6 20ft Range Piercing

Class Abilities:
Animal Companion
Wild Empathy
Nature Sense
Spontaneous Rejuvenation

Racial Abilities:
Small Size
+8 Racial Bonus on Climb and Balance Checks
Can take a 10 on Climb Checks, even if rushed or threatened
Climb Check uses Dex bonus, not Str

Skills:
Balance – 11 (0 Ranks + 3 Dex + 8 Racial)
Climb – 11 (0 Ranks + 3 Dex + 8 Racial)
Knowledge Nature – 8 (4 Ranks + 2 Int + 2 Nature Sense)
Listen – 8 (4 Ranks + 4 Wis)
Ride – 7 (4 Ranks + 3 Dex)
Spellcraft – 6 (4 Ranks + 2 Int)
Spot – 8 (4 Ranks + 4 Wis)
Survival – 10 (4 Ranks + 4 Wis + 2 Nature Sense)

Feats:
1st – Mounted Combat

Spells per day:
Orisons – 3
1st – 2

Orisons: Mending, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Create Water
1st: Entangle, Obscuring Mist

Save DC: 15 for 1st Level Spells

Languages:
Common
Sylvan
Druid
Elven
Undercommon

Equipment: Cost
Leather Barding – 20gp
Dagger – 2gp
Leather – 10gp
Spear – 5gp

Total Money: 13gp

Starting Gold: 50

Animal Companion: Sessay – Male Husky
Size/Type: Medium
Animal Hit Dice: 2d8+4 (13 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 18 (+ 2 Dex, + 4 natural + 2 leather), touch 12, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+3 Attack: Bite +3 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack: Bite +3 melee (1d6+3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Jump +8, Listen +5, Spot +5, Swim +3, Survival +1*
Feats: Alertness, Track

If trained for war, these animals can make trip attacks just as wolves do. A riding dog can fight while carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also attack unless he or she succeeds on a Ride check.

Riding dogs have a +4 racial bonus on Jump checks.
*Riding dogs have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

Background:
Born in a prime plane populated by anthropomorphic primates with humanoid intelligence (but void of humans), Pinder was part of an organization charged with maintaining the balance of nature in their part of their world, through any means, peaceful or otherwise. Though only a novice, Pinder was praised and highly regarded, and his mysterious disappearance, along with his faithful mount Sessay, during cultist eradication was deemed tragic and unfortunate.

Pinder is intelligent, measured, and articulate. He isn’t known for angry outbursts; instead he remains composed in his life, even in the face of danger or peril. He received a proper education during adolescence, is well mannered, and appreciates the arts, though he himself has difficulties fully expressing himself through artistic means. Sessay, a well-bred Husky, was gifted to him by his parents upon his induction into the druidic order.[/sblock]

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
The Effervescent Etrigan! (Nom de Plume)

Looks good to me! Is Etrigan from any prime world in particular? It doesn't have to be an important detail if you don't want it to be, of course.

Here's the druid plus animal companion. Keys to come. I'm trying to juggle a few things in my mind, like Keys of Balance & Nature, but I'm getting a lot of overlap.

Nice ideas! One question: where are you getting the base stats for a small chimpanzee? I've only found references for tiny monkeys, medium baboons, and large apes. I don't think there's any problem with the character, mind you, I'm just curious.

Shayuri

First Post
Changelings were originally published in Eberron, so lets go with that. Even though Eberron's not part of the Great Wheel cosmology, technically.

I'll also say, and Vorinn would know this too, that 'Etrigan' isn't his real name. He changes that every so often, right about when he starts up a new pitch. Changes his face too.

Baronsquee

First Post
...And Vorinn's never pushed you on your real name, Etrigan. Whenever you start referring to yourself by another name, Vorinn just immediately picks up on it and starts calling you that - even when it's only the two of you around.

Remove ads