• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Pulp Cthulhu: The Lost Temple of Yig

Starman

Adventurer
I'm going to have to bow out as well. I've got some things that have come up and I won't have the extra time I thought I would. Best of luck, though. It looks to be a fun game.

Starman

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Thanks, Shaper - but I think we're OK. It seems like we've got 5 players:

Yellow Sign
Byron's Ghost
Capellan
mirthcard
Shapermc

I know Sathanai is (was?) looking for a game. If he wanted to join in he could take Starman's spot. Otherwise, I think we're OK with five.

Shapermc

First Post
Ok I will post this here for now, but when it is final I will move it over to the Rouges Gallery with a Background and Pictures.

Name: Monte Lovelynn
Profession: Archeologist
Start Money: $6000 (30%=$1800)
STR: 12 +1 (4pts)
DEX: 14 +2 (6pts)
CON: 16 +3 (10pts)
INT: 12 +1 (4pts)
WIS: 12 +1 (4pts)
CHR: 10 +0 (2pts)

[Did I evar mention that I hate using point buy systems?]

(The following #'s are without the abilty modifyers so that the proper point allocation can be verifyed.)

BAB: +1
Fort: +3
Will: +3
Refl: +1
HP: 23 (14+9)
AC: 14
Feats:
-Dodge
-Stealthy
-Martial Arts (trust I have a goood background brewing)

Skills:
Primary-
Appraise 3
Climb 6
Knowledge (archeology) 6
" (history) 6
" (Occult) 6
Research 3
Search 3
Speak Language (chinese) 3
Spot 3
Read Lips 3
Demolitions 3
Tumble 3
Secondary-
Swim 2 (4pts)
Listen 2 (4pts)
Feat improved-
Hide 2
Move Silently 2

Equiptment-
Weapons-
Brass Knuckles 1d4 Crit X2 $1.00
Nunchaku 1d6 Crit X2 $20.00
9X19mm 9mm Luger 1d10 Crit X3 $30.00
Ammo $6.95

Other-
Console Radio Receiver $49.95
Manual Typewriter $40.00
Box Camera $2.29
Film X10 $3.80
Developer $4.95
Photo Paper $5.00
Bionoculars (6X mag) $28.00

Gear-
2 person Tent $11.25
Cap Light w/battery $4.95
Extra Batteries (X5) $3.00
Compass $2.45
Rope (hemp) 50ft. $1.80
Backpack $5.45
Shovel $1.00

Clothes-
Phoncho $2.89
Field Jacket $4.50
Hiking Boots $3.85
Misc. Clothes (e.g. Underclothes. Shirts, Pants, ...) $10 for 7 sets
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Let me know if I am off or missing anything. For how points were spent everything except for the HP/AC do not have the ability modifyer in them, I will just put them all together at the Rouges Gallery. I will have a niffty background when he is all approved. Did I mention that I hate point buy systems?

VorpalBunny

Explorer
He looks pretty good so far Shaper. Capellan & Byron's Ghost - your characters look great!

BTW, BG - don't worry too much about a little "cheese." It's a pulp setting so your guys should be somewhat more "larger than life" than your average CoC characters... ;)

Mirth

Explorer
Hey VB!

I think I'm gonna drop out of this one. I was looking for it to be a bit more "pulpy" than it seems to be shaping up. This is not meant to be an insult or attack on anybody involved, but more a matter of taste on my part. I was thinking it was going to be a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen meets Hellboy meets Pulp Heroes meets Cthulu kind of thing. Instead it seems to be a amped-up version of a standard CoC party, which is fine but not as interesting to me. That coupled with the fact that I also don't have the rulebook is enough for me to back out. Hope I didn't disappoint and I will be following the game, so good luck!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads