OOC: Spycraft campaign charter

Game Control

First Post
It has begun!

Season I Blood Money starts here.

Here my instructions for your first post; It's the beginning so do not be affraid to be a little wordy. My first post assumes you have reached the meet. Do not be affraid to describe what your character was doing when he received the job notice by Control. It's a good occasion to highlight your character, his day job and his basic attitude.

Be sure to describe your character for the benefit of everyone. It's the first time we'll ''see'' him.

Do not hesitate to ask question to Control and engage in light hearted Banter with your team mates. It's your chance to make that all important first impression.

Remember the rules of the Charter.

No vote has been tallied but it seem I'll be rolling the dice in house and that you'll use the method I've proposed at the end of the precedent page for communicating your action dice intention.

Good luck agents.

Game Control

First Post
House rules

HOUSE RULES 1

You'll be glad to learn that I consider the Hush Puppy modification significantly more silent than the rules would indicate. Replace -5 by -10 to listen check and double any modifier to the listen check cause by obstacles such as a door or a wall.

HOUSE RULE 2

When a minion or a minor NPC is both flatfooted and unaware of your presence, any successful attack automatically take him out. Also, he does not get to use his class bonus to defense.

When a minion is flat footed but aware of your presence, any successful attack is an automatic threat. As you know, a critical attack against a minion always take him out. Therefore by spending a few action dice you can quickly take out a lot of minions if you win initiative or have a surprise round.

I mean flat footed in the strictest sense. Losing dex bonus is not sufficient.

I mean aware of your presence in the broadest sense. Knowing your exact location is not required.

In both case you need to be using a weapon that can inflict critical to benefit from those rules. (Unarmed attack can't do critical unless you have martial arts)

These rules do not apply to PC, henchman, Mastermind, Foils or Major NPC.

With this houserule you can take out a large number of minions if you have surprise on your side.

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
Start your own thread.

The way I run the game, we'll often have more than one thread active at the same time. Having the Mission briefing and gearing up thread active simulteneously speeds up the game, for example.

But I'm not the only one who can start a new thread; you can too, within reasonable limits.

Here's an example:

Donovan wants to check out the African Dream club. In the thread where PCs discuss their options, he post the following;

Guys, I'm going to check up the African Dream club.

Then Dononvan's player start a new thread and links it to his latest post in the previous thread.

The title of the new thread includes SPYCRAFT as well as the title of the current season (Blood Money). He adds a subtitle that is descriptive for the scene.

SPYCRAFT Blood Money (The African Dream)

Half an hour later.

Donovan is driving through the crowded street of Harare, whistling along a coloful song playing on the radio. He is using the cheap car he rented earlier and just hopes that it won't let him down before he can get to the pretty chick in the famous club!

Note 3 important thing.

1-The first post commited Donovan to going to the African Dream club but didn't imply that he was immediately gone. That's how you should always do it.

Other PCs could comment on the decision and decide to join or declare different actions and propose a meeting point. I would expect Donovan player to keep participating in the previous thread and to answer his team mates question as long as is necessary.

2-The new thread doesn't step on my prerogative. Donovan's player doesn't describe the club itself, just Donovan's attitude as he is headed toward the club. The player could go farther and describe minor incidents as he goes. I'll have the options of picking them up or letting them go, but either way they'll add color to the game.

3-Donovan's player do not comment on whether he is alone or in a group.

ANY player could just post in that thread and pipes in to start a conversation with Donovan, establishing the fact that they were there all along. In fact, I expect it. A team split more than 2 way is just asking for trouble (as well as being harder for me to manage!)

Sooner or later, I'll join the thread and push the story along by describing the bar itself.

If you wish, you may e-mail me to notify the start of a new thread.

This is your game too and you should help me write the story within the limits set by your roles as main protagonists.

Is that clear for everyone?

Luddite

First Post
Re: Start your own thread.

Game Control said:

Here's an example:

Donovan wants to check out the African Dream club. In the thread where PCs discuss their options, he post the following;

Note 3 important thing.

1-The first post commited Donovan to going to the African Dream club but didn't imply that he was immediately gone. That's how you should always do it.

Other PCs could comment on the decision and decide to join or declare different actions and propose a meeting point. I would expect Donovan player to keep participating in the previous thread and to answer his team mates question as long as is necessary.

Is that clear for everyone?

Maybe not :) I understood this to mean "You are there unless you post otherwise." I thought it would of been clearer to state that what I was doing while they were at The African Dream in that thread as to keep the posts collected by "time" more then by "location." Also I wanted to mention that would be able for radio/phone contact while the sceen was going on. Thus I would only interact if someone called my character.

On a similar note. What is the rule on "Table Talk." Even since I am not at the African Dream, can I remind the other players of there ablities and suggest use of them?

What about suggesting to the other players to do something sepcific like "Ask him about X?" or "Take a picture of the Bar Keep."

-gustavef

Game Control

First Post
You can use any communciation at your disposal to get in touch with your buddies at the African dream and vice versa. I presume a few of the people going there will have cell phone.

Assuming these are the latest phones with internet access - and why wouldn't they be, you are spies - they could send you back info quickly right inot your computer. Pictures taken from a digital camera for example. You could run computer checks based on info they send back to you. The whole computer support schtick, basicly.

When you communicates with them through phone or radio, you are ''in'' the thread and obviously should post there.

What I objected to was that you were talking to Tokiwong as if he was still in the safe house. Such a post had to go in the gearing up phase because it is in this thread that you are both still in the safe house.

Table talk:

OOC your heart away. You can use private message for this, too.

Remove ads