• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

4E [OOC] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

dimsdale

Villager
[MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] I hear you :). It has been a while since my last post. The last week has been busy RL. Hang in there. I'm currently finishing my attack post now.

WEContact

Villager
Man if the power those priests used to weaken (save ends) and heal the necro is an at-will I think we're screwed.

dimsdale

Villager
Just think of the xp you'll get if u survive. Don't forget about the NPc brother navio. He is a priest. Perhaps if you call on him during a time of need he might come to your aid. Finally, you pretty much blew through the first encounter in one round. I thought you'd like the next encounter be a little more challenging.��

jbear

Villager
Hehe, true. I think we may just be feeling the frustration of the whiff fest that we are suffering this battle which is compounding the difficulty we face. Hopefully the digital dice gods don't want us dead ... we shall see.

dimsdale

Villager
guys...update coming tomorrow for sure...it's the weekend and I can stay up late. I've had a crazy week at work.

WEContact

Villager
[sblock=Haaku]

Haaku delivers damage to the priests, but learns that although he can move through the fog that he cannot exit from it into the inner circle where the ritual continues. There is a force field that prevents him from doing so.

ooc: I've placed him one spot north, which unfortunately for Haaku, causes 5 damage at the beginning of his next turn due to not being able to go to a square above the fog.

Perhaps there is a way to eliminate the force field...

[sblock=perception 15]
everytime you hit the priests a ripple travelled along the face of the force field
[/sblock]

[/sblock]
Oh man I JUST NOW saw this post! Hmmmm. So P1 should have taken the 12 damage from my Twin Strike (not 14 because P1 is not my Quarry) last round.

dimsdale

Villager
Hello all

I was ready to make the enemy post but when I tried to use IC it was
down.

I will check later tonight.

I apologize for the lack of posting in the last 2 weeks. I actually have
2 weeks of down time from my job which will allow me to work on important
stuff like DMing the The Jade Ring :)

WEContact

Villager
AGH how are we supposed to stop this ritual when half of us are weakened every round and we have to kill 6 mobs before we have a chance to attack the caster. I wanna kick something.

WEContact

Villager
Actually I think we have more time than I thought. 3 rounds ago dimsdale said we get extra XP if we stop the ritual within five rounds, so if we all focus on killing priests this round we might be able to interrupt the necromancer in time next round.

WEContact

Villager
[MENTION=85946]Goldhammer[/MENTION] You might want to nix that push. If you move the necro away from me, he won't take rain of steel damage and [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] won't be able to flank him.

WEContact

Villager
Yep! Any forced movement that you create is optional: you can choose to push/pull/slide less than the maximum distance or you can choose to abstain from applying any forced movement at all.

Advertisement