• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] The Mythar Resistance [Calling All Players]

Ashy said:
A ranger/animal trainer/"lion tamer" might be a good idea as well. :)
Consider that yoinked. An Elf ranger, maybe ranger/druid?

Not named Sigfried.

ps - where is the spirit shaman from? I may want to check that out.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Ferrix said:
-Classes available will be most core PHB classes minus spell casters, the psionic classes minus soul knife from the XPH and the psychic rogue from the Minds Eye on the WotC website. Elves will be able to choose druid or spirit shaman, and I think they'll be the only casters at this point.

How would this affect semi-casters, like Bards, Paladins, and Rangers? I really like the idea of a Bard for my jester (assuming I can get in), though I guess I could go Rogue if Bard was out.

Ferrix

Explorer
Hrm... guess that circus idea really got out of hand... when I said performance troupe I was thinking more classically, oi... i'll post what I had written up before last night and it might get reworked.

Ferrix

Explorer
Game Setup Rough and Tumble

Psionics Game Setup

Open Books: Core books, Expanded Psionics Handbook, 3.5 Splatbooks
By Permission: Campaign Specific (FR, OA, Etc.), Unearthed Arcana, 3.0 Splatbooks
Banned Books: Book of Vile Darkness, Book of Exalted Deeds, Savage Species, Miniatures Handbook, Manual of the Planes, Planar Handbook
Banned Material: Forsaker, Generic Classes (UA), Spellcasting Material (classes, etc.)

Use the most updated material
Exception: Exotic Weapons Master 3.0 & 3.5 versions are 2 diff. PrC’s

Character Creation

33 Point Buy
Level 5
Races Allowed: See below.
Classes Allowed: Barbarian, Druid*, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Psion, Psychic Rogue, Psychic Warrior, Ranger, Rogue, Spirit Shaman, Wilder
Alignment: No alignments are used
Taint: The taint system from UA is used.
Hit Points: Max at 1st level, 3/4 every additional level (d4=3, d6=4.5, d8=6, d10=7.5, d12=9)
BAB: Fractional BAB Chart (UA)
Saves: Fractional Save Chart (UA)
Equipment: 3000gp in mundane equipment. Additional equipment will be given by the DM, suggestions may be made.

Race Notes

Dwarves: Dwarves are tough and slow like stone. They are naturally resistant to magic and psionics. Historically, dwarves were slow to action when the Mythar invaded. Often accused of letting the Mythar invasion to succeed, most however realize that even with the dwarves help it would not have been stemmed for long.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity
- +1 to attack against Aberrations in place of goblinoids/orcs.
- +2 dodge bonus against Large or larger creatures in place of dodge bonus against giants
- +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (dungeoneering) checks
- Knowledge (dungeoneering) always a class skill
- rest as PHB dwarves

Elves: The only elven race is actually Wild Elves. Elves are a primal race, descended from the spirit of nature itself. They are loosely-tribal and are the one of the only races able to practice magic in some form. The magic they practice is often considered primitive by those of the mental arts, however it is potent nonetheless. When the Mythar invaded, many of the elves disappeared into the wild areas.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence
- +2 racial bonus against telepathic and mind-affecting powers and effects
- Weapon Proficiency: Longbow, shortbow, composite versions, short spear, and kukri.
- +2 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks, no bonus on search checks or racial search ability
- Fey: Elves are fey creatures and are thus not affected by spells or powers which normally only target humanoids.
- +2 racial bonus on Survival
- Survival always a class skill
- Favored Class: Ranger

Gnomes: Before the Mythar invasion gnomes did not exist on the continent of Ethend, however the Mythar brought with them gnomes from their realm. They are small creatures, similar to halflings but sharp of mind and possess a natural psionic talent that none of the other races can match. Those ignorant believe the gnomes to be the willing servants of the Mythar, but many gnomes took an opportunity half a century ago to escape their masters and flee into the eastern outlands.
- +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength
- Small size
- Naturally Psionic (2 bonus power point)
- Knows the Burst or Far Hand psionic power and can manifest with their power points, Int based.
- Low-light vision
- +2 racial bonus on Search
- Able to manifest Psychoportation powers as if one manifester level higher.
- +2 racial bonus on Psicraft and Use Psionic Device checks
- Use Psionic Device always a class skill.
- Favored Class: Psion (Nomad)

Halflings: The halflings were quickly dominated by the Mythar, the diminutive race serving as excellent servants. They possess very little of their own heritage after a hundred years in subservience, however they have adapted incredibly well to the position so often relegated to them. They have learned many tricks of social life and their hands are swift in clearing away tables and other things. Many halflings possess a sharp hatred for the Mythar, although this rarely ever shows through and many Mythar take the small folk at face value.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength
- Low-light vision
- +2 racial bonus on Sleight of Hand, Diplomacy, Bluff and Sense Motive checks (replaces bonus to climb, jump, move silently and Listen)
- +2 racial bonus on Profession (cook)
- +1 racial bonus on attack and damage rolls against Mythar (replaces bonus with thrown weapons and slings)
- +2 racial bonus on social related skills and checks involving Mythar (replaces bonus on Fear saves)
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws
- Diplomacy always a class skill

Humans: When the Mythar came, the humans were the first to organize against the invasion and one of the last to fall and many other races admirable. They have become in a way the working second class, not as burdened by the drudgery of heavy manual labor, nor the menial servant work, they often end up as the craftsman and go betweens for the Mythar. Few humans object to this relationship with the Mythar, their lives often falling into a gray mediocrity but it is a life without a soul crushing toil.
- +2 to social related checks involving non-Mythar races
- 4 ranks in a single Craft or Profession skill
- +2 racial bonus on that skill
- That skill always a class skill

Half-Elves & Half-Orcs: These two races do not actually exist, interracial breeding cannot actually occur by any normal means.

Kobolds: In other worlds Kobolds are seen as cowardly and sadistic creatures, however on Ethend they were every much a part of everyday life as other standard races. Their small frames are incredibly agile and swift and their noses are said to be spectacular. With long canine-like faces and slightly furred bodies, they often served as trackers and scouts before the Mythar invasion. The only kobolds which possess value to the Mythar are the ones they breed for their tracking teams, the rest left on the fringes of society to eek by.
- +2 Dexterity, -4 Strength
- Darkvision 120 ft.
- Low-light vision
- Light sensitivity
- Small size
- Base land speed 30 ft
- Scent
- +4 bonus when tracking by scent
- +2 racial bonus on Survival and Search checks
- +1 racial bonus on Fortitude saves
- Survival and Search are always class skills
- Favored Class: Ranger

Class Notes

Druid
- Only elves may be druids

Paladins
- Create a code which you follow
- Smite Evil becomes a straight up smite ability
- Spell-less Paladin from CW

Rangers
- Spell-less Ranger from CW unless an elf
- Elves may choose the second UA variant for rangers which grants minor shape-changing and fast movement in place of combat styles.

Spirit Shamans
- Only elves may be spirit shamans

Skill Changes:

Psicraft: Based off of the primary manifesting attribute for a class.

Combat Variations – All from UA

Armor as Damage Reduction & Defense Bonus – modified
Poor = fighter, paladin, psion, psychic warrior
Average = barbarian, wilder, psychic rogue, monk
Good = ranger, rogue

Poor = UA Table 4-1, pg. 110, column A minus 2
Average = UA Table 4-1, pg. 110, column B minus 2
Good = UA Table 4-1, pg. 110, column C minus 2

Your total Defense bonus equal to your class defense bonus plus your dexterity modifier. Your total Defense bonus is subject to the maximum Dexterity bonus on armor.

Armor as half DR, half AC; a remainder goes to AC. (example Studded Leather = DR 1/AC +2, full plate +1 = DR 4/AC +5)

New Feat:
Armor Compatibility
Prerequisites: BAB +4
You increase the maximum Dex bonus allowed by armor by 1 for every three character levels.

Wound/Vitality Point System from UA

Ferrix

Explorer
You will notice the races are a bit more powerful than standard, but don't think that its gonna make your life easier ;-)

Sorry to those who suddenly had some options eliminated (half-races, bards)

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Seeing as I have yet to have internet at my apartment it will be a bit before this game really gets started, but until then you can send characters to: carl dot nelson at uvm dot edu

If you don't own UA I can help you with the variants.

Personally I don't know how much I want to inject a circus atmosphere to it unless we're talking Cirque du Soleil type circus, which I'm a bit more comfortable with.

So, e-mail your characters away, it won't be first come first serve, so you aren't in a huge rush to get 'm in. Make sure to include a brief history (something malleable), personality and description.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads