OOC tread of "The Broken Tower"

Well... think of it this way. If you were all of a foot tall, was just caught red-handed stealing from someone and was being threatened by someone more than four times your size with a large spiked hammer, and was unable to escape due to being held by a psionic telepath, what would YOU do?

I would think the available options would race through ones mind at that point, due to instinctive flight/fight responses (with heavy leanings toward flight I would think... no pun intended). And when one is cornered, trapped, or unable to flee, generally the next step is to talk your way out of it if you can.

Can your pixie communicate verbally? If so, I would guess he would do his damnedest to get out of his current predicament with whatever means he had available to him.

Just rolled an insight check to see if the pixie's gesticulations seem to be honest. Not sure how you guys want to resolve that, I guess if Someone is in fact lying, he could roll a hidden bluff check with Grimmjow to convince me otherwise, and if he is telling the truth, Grimmjow can just determine whether or not I perceive that. I hope I'm not so disastrously low that I end up falsely accusing him of lying, but that's the breaks of the dice sometimes.

Grimmjow

First Post
Just rolled an insight check to see if the pixie's gesticulations seem to be honest. Not sure how you guys want to resolve that, I guess if Someone is in fact lying, he could roll a hidden bluff check with Grimmjow to convince me otherwise, and if he is telling the truth, Grimmjow can just determine whether or not I perceive that. I hope I'm not so disastrously low that I end up falsely accusing him of lying, but that's the breaks of the dice sometimes.

before the group moves on I'll find out whats up.

VanderLegion

First Post
Already asked this in the adventure thread but I guess this is a better place for it. Who acutally has weapon attack powers in the group? I know monks use implements, and I believe vampires and psions do as well? I can give someone a +2 power bonus to weapon damgae rolls until the end of their next short rest using Song of Rest and my instrument.

VanderLegion

First Post
Also FYI - since i'm a Skald my healing works through Skald's Aura - an aura 5 that allows any ally in the aura to use a minor action to spend a healing surge and gain + 1d6 additional hitpoints or use the same minor action to allow an adjacent ally to regain the same hitpoints, as opposed to me always having to use an action to heal someone. Normal rules apply that said healing can be used twice per encounter, but only once per round.

[MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION]: In the IC thread, you said Song of Rest... but that gives a bonus to healing for anyone spending healing surges at the end of a short or extended rest.

You have either Song of Serendipity, which gives a +2 power bonus to one ally's next attack roll after successfully hitting with a melee basic attack.

OR

Song of Ferocity, which gives a +4 power bonus to one ally's next damage roll after you successfully hit with a melee basic attack.

I think I would (for the most part) prefer the +2 to hit, as it would better ensure that none of those enemies in my aura get away.

VanderLegion

First Post
[MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION]: In the IC thread, you said Song of Rest... but that gives a bonus to healing for anyone spending healing surges at the end of a short or extended rest.

You have either Song of Serendipity, which gives a +2 power bonus to one ally's next attack roll after successfully hitting with a melee basic attack.

OR

Song of Ferocity, which gives a +4 power bonus to one ally's next damage roll after you successfully hit with a melee basic attack.

I think I would (for the most part) prefer the +2 to hit, as it would better ensure that none of those enemies in my aura get away.

Actually, as a Skald I just have Song of Rest (unless I missed something when making the character). The only reason I pointed out Song of Rest is because my Fochlucan bandore gives a +1 bonus to damage normally, +2 if I use song of rest.

Effect: Everlin can use this power during a short rest. At the end of the short rest, one ally who remained within 20 squares of her during the rest gains a +1 power bonus to weapon damage rolls until the end of his or her next short rest or extended rest. Song of Rest: The power bonus equals +2.

Ahhhh, okay. Now I see what you're talking about. Too bad that's a daily ability though, so it doesn't apply at all times, only once per day for one encounter. Nifty trick though!

What I was referring to is your 3 at-wills:

Bolstering Speech: +5 Temp HP for one ally after you hit w/ MBA
Song of Savagery: +4 power bonus to 1 ally's next damage roll after you hit w/ MBA
Song of Serendipity: +2 power bonus to 1 ally's next attack roll after you hit w/ MBA

Seeing that, I think I'd actually rather have the +5 Temp HP on a normal basis... seeing that I'm likely to get a good pounding (since I'm only lvl 1). Though a combination of your Fochlucan Bandore's daily power, combined with the bonus to hit (or even more gross... the bonus to damage) would really make heads roll!

VanderLegion

First Post
Well, theoretically it COULD apply to more than 1 encounter if you skipped a short rest :p. Odds are that won't happen, but hey, end the encounter with a buncha health and dont' waste all your encounter powers and you're good to go! :p.

As for the at-wills, yah, hopefully they'll work out well. Depends on if I hit I suppose...

I built the character as a combination leader/controller - if you look at the rest of my powers I have an encounter and a daily to daze, as well as an encounter to let an ally charge and another to let me slide an ally.

VanderLegion

First Post
And what I'll probably do for the at-wills is start out with the temp hp for you, then after that vary it depending on the situation. Refresh the temp hp on you when necessary, then dole out temp hp to other people or attack/damage bonuses depending what's going on.

Remove ads