Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Way of the Wicked

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
being disabled :
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Disabled

A character with 0 hit points, or one who has negative hit points but has become stable and conscious, is disabled. A disabled character may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can he take full-round actions, but he can still take swift, immediate, and free actions). He moves at half speed. Taking move actions doesn't risk further injury,

but performing any standard action (or any other action the GM deems strenuous, including some free actions such as casting a Quicken Spell spell) deals 1 point of damage after the completion of the act. Unless the action increased the disabled character's hit points, he is now in negative hit points and dying.

ok, put the fire jet on hold a second, please.

If i read the first highlighted portion correctly, I see a move or standard action is ok, but the second highlighted section contradicts by saying damage is taken.

I am confused here.

TS will want to weigh in here, but I've always read that as you MAY take EITHER a move OR a standard action, but if you elect to take the standard action, you suffer -1 hp and immediately start dying.

In other words, when you're disabled, you may not take both a move and a standard action. It's not even an option. You're ok to take a move action (but will move at 1/2 speed and may not double move). You can get off a standard action, but doing so will cause you to drop. YMMV.

GlassEye

Adventurer
No contradiction at all. A single standard or move action is possible; you've taken so much damage that you are not functioning at full capacity (therefore, not your full complement of actions). PLUS, if you take a standard action (or strenuous action), you take one point of damage as well. Which means a single move action is the only action you can take without causing yourself to fall over and probably die (when your evil companion scorches your a--).

EDIT: ninja'd!

Scott DeWar said:
Not sure what can be done when disabled. If 'aid another' is a full round action, then it cannot be done with out causing damage.
Yeah. Again, TS will want to weigh in here, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if pulling on a chain to free ourselves--even as an Aid Another action--would be strenuous enough to merit -1 hp while disabled.

Basically, that cart falling sucked. It left us damaged goods and it'll take us some time to recoup.

I'll shush now. Sorry about ninja-ing you, GE.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I picture this: too weak to do a full round action, able to do a stranded act but will tear open what shred of tissue still holding the blood in, but can make the half move with out tearing through to the arteries.

sort of like when I got 'unwell' oct 30, 2011- I could move, but any thing more then that would have killed me.

G

Guest 11456

being disabled :
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Disabled

A character with 0 hit points, or one who has negative hit points but has become stable and conscious, is disabled. A disabled character may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can he take full-round actions, but he can still take swift, immediate, and free actions). He moves at half speed. Taking move actions doesn't risk further injury,

but performing any standard action (or any other action the GM deems strenuous, including some free actions such as casting a Quicken Spell spell) deals 1 point of damage after the completion of the act. Unless the action increased the disabled character's hit points, he is now in negative hit points and dying.

ok, put the fire jet on hold a second, please.

If i read the first highlighted portion correctly, I see a move or standard action is ok, but the second highlighted section contradicts by saying damage is taken.

I am confused here.

The first yellowed area merely states that you MAY take a move action or standard action without stating the consequences.

Between the two it states that a move action does not risk injury.

The seconds yellowed area states the consequences of a standard action.

Looking over the other posts it appears that you are no longer confused. Correct?

G

Guest 11456

All of Cass' spells require a somatic component except for spark. This would include Cure Light Wounds. Since you are still securely bound you cannot complete the somatic component and thus you cannot cast that spell.

Remove ads