• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOTS 354 is up... and I feel old now...

vic20

Fool
Stormtower said:
Ahh, the trackball... wasn't Centipede one of the first (if not THE first) arcade game to utilize the analog trackball for control?

The first game I remember with trackball was Missle Command.

Quasqueton

First Post
SnowRaven said:
Because I don't see how bringing it up contributes, so I commented. Bringing "proof" to a discussion where the only issue is raised by that proof just seems like smugness.

In addition, I've commented on the merits of the discussion, but you seem to think this is personal, or that I am pushing. No attack was intended, so I'm not sure why you want to make it a personal issue with comments about me "pressing so hard" or infering I look like a fool for being uninformed?
No matter how many times you say the word "proof", it won't change the fact that I never suggested I was offering proof or trying to prove anything. I brought evidence for consideration for a general concept relevant to the subject (OotS). No more, no less.

Interesting how half of your total posts on this forum are just you trying to pick a fight with me in this thread. Am I that important to you? Is the issue that important to you? How about letting it drop, if it (or I) is not that important?

Quasqueton

Am I the only one here that remembers when it was called the Atari Game Console? It wasn't until the 5700 came out the '2600' got its 'name'. - Dear God, I'm old... :(

Hawkeye

First Post
Actually my Atari "2600" was among the first sold and was called the Atari VCS (Video Computer System). Sears was the only one selling them at that time. That was 1978 and mine still works to this day.

Its up in the air which game used the trackball first. Both Centipede and Missile Command came out in 1980. I know Missile command came out in July of 1980, but not sure when Centipede did, so its roughly 50/50.

Hawkeye

Huw

First Post
Vraille Darkfang said:
I didn't realize that Dwaren was a Romance Language.

<language-pedant>
Nearly every Indo-European language has definite articles agreeing with the noun, not just Romance. The exceptions are English, Armenian, the modern Celtic languages, and those languages which don't have the definite article (most Slavic, Indic and Aryan languages).
</language-pedant>

I think you're over-analysing and "tha" is merely Durkon's accent.

Here's my prediction: Nale will disguise himself as Elan (by shaving), Haley will kiss him, and Nale will be exposed when her speaking problem doesn't go away.

Pinotage

Explorer
vic20 said:
The first game I remember with trackball was Missle Command.

This was one of my favourites for the Atari 2600. That and Adventure. Took me years to figure out where the invisible dot was.

Pinotage

WizarDru

Adventurer
Thunderfoot said:
Am I the only one here that remembers when it was called the Atari Game Console? It wasn't until the 5700 came out the '2600' got its 'name'. - Dear God, I'm old... :(

You are not. The whole relabelling of the VCS as the '2600' still kinda irks me.

And while we're on the subject, It's Star Wars, not 'Episode IV' and it's "Raiders of the Lost Ark", not "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark." ;)

Hawkeye said:
Sears was the only one selling them at that time. That was 1978 and mine still works to this day.

Well, actually Sears was selling a rebranded version of it. Other places were selling it. I think my parents got mine from Jamesway. :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Guys, can we let the "Rich plans it/doesn't plan it" thing drop? It's not, yet, but I'd rather it not get to actual "argument" status. Doesn't matter who started it or didn't start it, either.

Thanks in advance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads