• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #372 is up

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The Deed of Paksinerian had a pretty brillient bit about fear and bravery and proposed that Paks made a better palidan because she knew exactly what fear felt like and what it was like to be unable to overcome it.

Also, I love redcloak. Just sayin.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Kahuna Burger said:
The Deed of Paksinerian had a pretty brillient bit about fear and bravery and proposed that Paks made a better palidan because she knew exactly what fear felt like and what it was like to be unable to overcome it.
But she gets immunity to magical fear- she is even able to extend it to her comrades. And immunity to certain other kinds of mind affecting magic, iirc.

shilsen

Adventurer
Cheiromancer said:
But she gets immunity to magical fear- she is even able to extend it to her comrades. And immunity to certain other kinds of mind affecting magic, iirc.
I think KB meant that Paks had encountered fear before she was a paladin, so even though she was no longer affected by fear, the memory and knowledge of it made her a better paladin.

Correct me if I'm wrong, KB.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Ambrus said:
One thing that puzzles me; isn't Redcloak a goblin? Why is he as tall as Xykon and Miko?
OOTS goblins are the same size as all the other medium characters. Not sure why - house rule on Rich's part?

Demiurge out.

Quartz

Hero
Ambrus said:
One thing that puzzles me; isn't Redcloak a goblin? Why is he as tall as Xykon and Miko?
Could it be that he's actually in charge? Or using Xykon? Xykon's a lich, but Redcloak's a high-level priest. Could he be high enough level to command Xykon if necessary?

Ambrus

Explorer
Quartz said:
Could it be that he's actually in charge? Or using Xykon? Xykon's a lich, but Redcloak's a high-level priest. Could he be high enough level to command Xykon if necessary?
It's possible I suppose, though I don't know what it'd have to do with the goblin's height.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads