• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OoTS #373!

Ringan

Explorer
Wow, best one I've seen in a while. Favorite quotes...

1. "My money's on Death Knight"
2. "Show me on the doll where she touched you"
3. "Hi...what's your name?"

satori01

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
Stupid villains worsen the enjoyment of the strip, IMO. Why Xykon didn't immediately kill her is beyond me. Doesn't he know heroes always escape from captivity? He can bring the dead thing back later.

Are you sure Xykon did not intend for her to escape? As an undead creature, Xykon has been quite willing to sacrifice the lives of his minions for a very small gain, and he is certainly petty, and willing to sit back and watch thing unfold, even to his detriment, if only for amusement, but this seemed over the top even for him.

I think we have the setup for revealing the darkness creature, and the tone of the strip before was Xykon and Redcloak trying to "Sith" Miko.
Either Miko is going to take the creature in the darkness, and hunt down the Order of the Stick and fall into evil, or the creature in the darkness is going to kill her, and she will rise into undeadness, or somehow become a Blackguard.

I do not see Miko escaping with her goodness intact.

jcfiala

Explorer
Yeah, "Forcecage doesn't work that way", is pretty much what ran through my head. It's a cute escape, but a little annoying.

On the other hand, "I'm sure there's some way a 10-foot pole could get me out of this," was one of my favorite lines.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads