OotS 585

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
No one's going to comment on the dialog between devils? I mean, now we know what goes on in the Hells, for crying out loud! Forget infernal politics, it's all about poker!

Ruslanchik

First Post
No one's going to comment on the dialog between devils? I mean, now we know what goes on in the Hells, for crying out loud! Forget infernal politics, it's all about poker!

You had to know that the devils were playing poker. I mean it is evil and they are evil. We already know that DnD is played in the heavens. Where else would poker appear?

The question is: if all of the poker players and role-players in the world had a good vs. evil showdown who would win?

My money's on the gamblers, despite RPGers' great depth and breadth of knowledge about medieval weaponry.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
You had to know that the devils were playing poker. I mean it is evil and they are evil. We already know that DnD is played in the heavens. Where else would poker appear?

The question is: if all of the poker players and role-players in the world had a good vs. evil showdown who would win?

My money's on the gamblers, despite RPGers' great depth and breadth of knowledge about medieval weaponry.

If Poker's evil then what alignment is Magic:The Gathering?

Orius

Legend

Truly. I want to use this idea in one of my campaigns...a big-ass fiend gets summoned up to cover a lost bet. My players will love me....:devil:

If Poker's evil then what alignment is Magic:The Gathering?

It doesn't have an alignment, it has a color.

Vanuslux

Explorer
But that's Belkar's prophecy. fba827 referred to Vaarsuvius' prophecy, which was that he would achieve complete and total ultimate arcane power "by saying the right four words to the right being at the right time for all the wrong reasons". Nothing in there about dying. Durkon is the one whose prophecy involved his own death.

I wonder if the being he's talking to right now will have anything to do with that.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Poker is simply the continuation of diplomacy by other means.

Cheers, -- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads