• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOTS #629 is up

LostSoul

Adventurer
It might be cool if V is able to save them with a Faustian deal with the Imp. Though personally I think that would be a cop-out.

catsclaw227

First Post
It might be cool if V is able to save them with a Faustian deal with the Imp. Though personally I think that would be a cop-out.
It may be cliched, but it would certainly fit the situation. Some cliches are what they are because they seem to crop up so often. I think almost everyone sells their soul to some kind of devil in their life.

Like they say, the most gratifying things are probably bad for you. :)

And if V's kids die? Revenge at any cost would be most sweet.

WalterKovacs

First Post
aren't there kind of a literally arbitrary number of higher powers willing to do unto the dragon before the dragon does unto V?

True. However, it is speculated by many that the dragon is going to lead V to ultimate arcane power. And the Dragon does not want to kill V. If the higher powers are only concerned with V so that he protect the gates, then they may not be entirely caring about V's family. Not to mention, the dragon encounter may just be the slap in a face V needs to get over his guilt, start trancing again, get back with at least some of the party members, etc.

Heck, in the higher power view of things, the dragon may have just been sent as a wake up call by said higher powers to get V back on track to saving the world.

Quartz

Hero
Perhaps something else entirely: V has a unique scrying spell. Maybe it works across the planes? So the dragon exacts her revenge, then V kills the dragon and gets Durkon to resurrect the children.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I think it's worth noting that V missed because of his guilt. (He can't Trance and that's what's causing him to miss so much.)

I wonder what game system would be best to bring about this sort of thing in play.

First thing I thought of was Mutants & Masterminds which lets you screw the players in exchange for giving them hero points.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads