• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 634

SPoD

First Post
Up until this point, I think everyone was thinking, "But how could saving his children be 'for the wrong reasons'?" Now we know. Noble sacrifices don't do fiends any good, they want people who willingly defile themselves for power.

Note that the fiends actually give away several hints that they've been observing V all along...such as knowing that Durkon keeps a Sending scroll ready. V is just too tired and stressed to notice.

Wow, he managed to actually make it for all the wrong reasons (pride and hubris over magic instead of sacrifice to protect his(?) family). . .

"I. . .I must succeed". . .

Those Archfiends must get bonus points for letting somebody damn themselves all because of their own arrogance, and point it out to them while they are doing it, and they still accept it knowingly.

ArisKatsaris

First Post
It satisfies the "wrong reasons" clause, but it doesn't satisfy the four words clause (he only needed to touch the orb, not say anything), or the "right person" clause (there are three fiends, and he isn't addressing anyone in particular).

I still believe the four words are Kubota's killing, which directly led to the imp seeking V out, and therefore being in a position to send the application.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Those Archfiends must get bonus points for letting somebody damn themselves all because of their own arrogance, and point it out to them while they are doing it, and they still accept it knowingly.

Of course! They are tempters, aren't they?

It satisfies the "wrong reasons" clause, but it doesn't satisfy the four words clause (he only needed to touch the orb, not say anything), or the "right person" clause (there are three fiends, and he isn't addressing anyone in particular).

I still believe the four words are Kubota's killing, which directly led to the imp seeking V out, and therefore being in a position to send the application.

Man, I thought the strip title would finally end this argument.

Why, V, why?

Remus Lupin

Adventurer

"I ... I Must Succeed." Four words.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads