• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OoTS 640

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
V TOTALLY isn't evil ;p

Also, this thread makes the social psych part of my brain cheer happily...or shudder in the horrible horrible memory of re-learning about Milgram in every single class I took oh god I could recite the whole thing by memory now.

I hate to break it to you, I use it ethics classes all the time. I'm sure it drives my students nuts too!

Orius

Legend
As one of the proponents that V was now acting NE (and had been sliding for quite sometime), I still thought that the Soul Splice might be having something to do with V's actions. To say that this latest comic threw a wrench in that line of thinking....

I'm sure the fiends told V that the soul splice would not allow the souls to take over during the duration. So V did everything out of free will.

Btw now we know the spell was essentially genocidal since it wiped a full quarter of the Black Dragon population.

And that is certainly enough for Tiamat to take notice. As well was the remaining 3/4 of the black dragon population, and the other chromatic dragons.

Well it did solve that V was doing this on her own as I suspected. I am thinking that before all is said and done, V will have killed her own family. Then perhaps that's when she'll regret the soul splice and find out she did it of her own free will.

Yes, I note the strip cut out just as V disintegrated the head. We did not get a look at V's family here. I suspect V's family will somehow come to a bad end though, if the Familicide didn't take them out.

And then V will still have to deal with a lot of very pissed off dragons.

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
I love the cheerleading squad! All epic villains should have one.
Damn you. Now I'm imagining Fantasy Cheerleaders for Evil.

"Give me a D! Give me an I! Give me an S! Give me a P! Give me an E! Give me an L?"
"WHAT DOES THAT SPELL?"
"Death to your buffs!"

"I'm fireballing the pyramid."
"... if she survives, I call dibs on the red-head's phone number."

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I don't think we really have enough data points to be sure. Though the few nasty things V has done do suggest appeals to raw power rather than being tempered by any sort of respect for organization or discipline.

I counter with the point that V said specifical s/he cast the spell because the dragon went after his/her family unit. That sounds like respect for an organization to me... I'm calling V NE, if only because it was a spell made by a NE caster.

Also...last panel...MORE proof orange guy = LE! :)

Rechan

Adventurer
V TOTALLY isn't evil ;p

Also, this thread makes the social psych part of my brain cheer happily...or shudder in the horrible horrible memory of re-learning about Milgram in every single class I took oh god I could recite the whole thing by memory now.
That's at least two things we have in common.

The next time I hear the Milgram experiment, I'm going to take a tazer to someone. ... And seeing I'm going to Grad school for Social psych, I should go buy a tazer.

Ambrus

Explorer
Does it matter? V fully intends to commit murder on a massive scale. He believes that his spell will kill massive numbers. Whether or not he actually succeeds in achieving those numbers or not is fairly irrelevant. It's the attempt that really counts.
I wasn't really commenting on the matter for the sake of V's alignment; which I haven't really thought much about, beyond the fact that it's evil. I do think its relevant to the campaign setting and simply wanted to remind others that V's wild guess might not in fact reflect the truth.

Miyaa

First Post
Defeat Xylon? At this point, he'll come to propose marriage to her.

I'm just surprised the middle one isn't wearing a New Jersey Devil goalie hockey mask. Just saying.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads