• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOTS 652: No Respect for the Wicked

Orius

Legend
Xykon once again gets all the best lines. "I don't really want to hear your backstory, Mr.-or-Mrs. Spock.

And V has had this coming. Maximized Energy Drain, heh heh heh. I wonder if that'll konck out the splice.

Rechan

Adventurer
V should've came back for a tune up as soon as the Necromancer bolted, to get her put back in.

... Also should have tranced, to get all those juicy spells back.

How the hell does Xykon have Maximized Energy Drain? I didn't think he was that high of a level... (level 24+)
He's cast Epic spells before. We knew he was in the 20s at least.

V should demand his time back from the fiends. The one spliced soul only has one epic spell available? That means he's at the very low end of epic.

Roman

First Post
How the hell does Xykon have Maximized Energy Drain? I didn't think he was that high of a level... (level 24+)

Xykon has a very high level, but it is also possible that he has one of those feats that allow the application of metamagic a certain number of times per day without increasing the spell level of the spell in question.

Derren

Hero
I guess V has to will have to be rescued by O-Chuul or MitD.
Would be fitting with the overall theme of Vs splice as except for the dragon (which only made him to be resented by his family) he was useless despite his power and all other characters did the actual work.

Dausuul

Legend
Well, V is now down to effectively one splice. One of the splices lost its epic slots thanks to Xykon's first energy drain, meaning it was knocked down to level 20 or less. Add a maximized energy drain on top of that, and it's level 12 now - lower level than V.

The other splice can't be in much better shape.

So much for everybody who was predicting a blowout... well, we are getting a blowout, but going the other way. (And we also see that V evidently gets only the spells from the splices - no hit points, no caster level, no skills or saves.)

V should demand his time back from the fiends. The one spliced soul only has one epic spell available? That means he's at the very low end of epic.

It said "I lost my epic level spell slots," not "slot."

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Well, V is now down to effectively one splice. One of the splices lost its epic slots thanks to Xykon's first energy drain, meaning it was knocked down to level 20 or less. Add a maximized energy drain on top of that, and it's level 12 now - lower level than V.

The other splice can't be in much better shape.

It's a single target spell, it's possible the lost levels are being split between them (like how shield other splits damage), so -4 each on that last casting. Energy Drain's already stupid powerful, I'd hope it wouldn't apply fully to all splices...

This fight's pretty dissapointing. Everyone's saying V has this coming, and that s/he thinks s/he's a hotshot. Excuse me, but V's been messing up and eaten humble pie the entire strip. It's been a constant amazement on my part that V can have such a high int score, and yet consistently be so dumb and worthless.

Xykon is the primadonna that can do no wrong and always seems to one-up everyone els,e all while being a cocky bastard about it. But because he's the BBEG he gets a pass on this, while V's derided for it. Such hypocrisy...

I doubted V would win, but it would have been nice to see Xykon get humiliated for once. Thus far, only thing that's come close is the sacred watchers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads