• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOTS 659 is out

Urbannen

First Post
When has a "rift awe effect" been mentioned in the past? That does explain why the raven doesn't act, but it's news to me.

The Mass Hold Person spell may not hold V for long since he gets a save every round - her Will save is probably fairly high, and he gets +2 racial bonus vs. Enchantments.

If the raven gets fried V might even lose a level, meaning she'll be even farther from ultimate arcane knowledge than before.

fba827

Adventurer
When I saw the image (before reading) of panel 3, I was trying to figure what that was in his hand. The lich's line about it though, so darned funny, I keep thinking about it being _that_ rather than a magic stone... ;)

Plus the running gag in the last panel was good for a laugh too.

lots of nice stuff there (X usually has funny lines -- in my head, I hear him talking like Dr. Drakken from Kim Possible (yes, a disney cartoon, i said it, so there! but it was voiced by the same guy who did Bender on Futurama. :)

Asmor

First Post
There's clearly no "rift awe effect" or any such silliness.

Compare the color of Xykon's clothes, the color of the phylactery, and the color of the raven's feet in the last frame as opposed to any other frame where they're not near the rift.

It's clearly just them being bathed in purple light.

MarkB

Legend
There's clearly no "rift awe effect" or any such silliness.

In general, maybe not. But setting aside any odd visual effects, the bird is clearly under some kind of influence, just going by its words and inaction - one of the fiends even wonders why it's just sitting there.

My guess: The Snarl is talking to it.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
I think the word he was aiming for was Cojones which is a slang used to refer to male nuts... yeah nitpicking but for me it kinda kills the line for me slightly.

But the line is "you've got some +5 holy cajones ON you".

Emphasis on the word ON.

After what you said, I think Rich used the word "cajones" knowing that people would read and/or interpret it as "cojones", when actually Xykon is talking about the paladin's shorts. :D

/M

C_M2008

First Post
So V's old reliable tactics will suceed where his fancy, flashy tricks failed?

There's probably a lesson in there somewhere.......

In general, maybe not. But setting aside any odd visual effects, the bird is clearly under some kind of influence, just going by its words and inaction - one of the fiends even wonders why it's just sitting there.

My guess: The Snarl is talking to it.

I just thought the Raven didn't understand why it was supposed to hold the Talisman and hover/fly around the rift. Well, V knows, and Xykon just learns.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
I just thought the Raven didn't understand why it was supposed to hold the Talisman and hover/fly around the rift. Well, V knows, and Xykon just learns.

No, it was supposed to drop the amulet into it. V says so quite clearly in the first panel.

Although it is quite possible that V reverses this instruction mentally later on. Which probably counts as cruelty to animals, but it would be entirely in character for hir.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads