• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots 664

I think he thinks his Afterlife was "locked in" at the moment of final death and nothing he does will change it. I also happen to think that he's wrong, and he's going to do all of this only to end up banished to Limbo or someplace due to his posthumous actions.

Well, I think that is the normal rule.

Giant In the Playground Games

Roy said he wished his father would "Rot in Hell", to which Roy's Archon said that "I think we are past the point where that would be a realistic possibility".

It might be possible for Eugene Greenhilt to be cast out, also technically he also hasn't been admitted to Heaven yet either, he's outside in a sort of limbo/purgatory waiting room. He might earn some more time in the waiting room for his moral indiscretions regarding V.

Bumbles

First Post
Roy's Dad has already been willing to hijack a celestial summoning to get his business done, leaving V to fall into evil? I'm not sure that'll make a difference.

Could be made a plot point easily enough though.

Orius

Legend
Poor over-worked celestial... :(

Meh, goody two shoes types think hard work is good for the soul so I only have three words for her: "Move your ass!" :devil:

Is Greenhilt Senior aiming for a post-mortem conversion?

I think his lack of any moral strength is what's keeping his wrinkly butt stuck on that cloud. All he cares about is seeing Xykon defeated; the world could burn otherise. This after he spent his whole life futzing around and ignoring his oath, then roping Roy into it. So what if V crossed a Moral Event Horizon in doing so? All that matters is that he attempted to gank Xykon. And Eugene's prejudices are showing again, V would have ended up with the same fate Roy if not for the deus ex machinaesque rescue that occured, but that's ok cause V's a wizard! Build up that negative karma or whatever Eugene, don't expect us to feel sorry for you.

Nah, we'll switch focus to the Linear Guild for a few months now.

They're due.

And we all know now to blame you if it happens. :p

Particle_Man

Explorer
I wonder if Roy will remember anything at all of his afterlife experiences once he is alive again?

And I wonder if Roy's instructions to the Lantern Archon were an attempt to circumvent this, if it is true?

Edit: No wait, that doesn't jive with the Blue guy trying to warn Roy about the Evil Elf Deal. Hmmmmm.

I wonder if Roy will remember anything at all of his afterlife experiences once he is alive again?

And I wonder if Roy's instructions to the Lantern Archon were an attempt to circumvent this, if it is true?
It appears the precedent in OotS is that characters remember their afterlife, whether they are animated or raised/resurrected afterwards.

Roy was taught some undefined powerful fighter feat in the afterlife by his grandfather, and was told he'd have to spend a feat on it when he came back. Apparently it's expected he can retain combat training even.

The mother Black Dragon that V killed, then animated, remembered being in the afterlife when animated.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads