OotS #854 is up! "Not Much Chance of That"

HA! I love Sabine's final line!

Slightly off topic: Did you notice the Kickstarter graphic at the bottom of the page? The one where the entire group is waving and saying "Thanks Everyone!"? That is, the entire group except for Vaarsuvius and Belkar. The question is, why aren't they there? Where are they? What are they doing? And, are they doing it together? :eek:

HA! I love Sabine's final line!

Slightly off topic: Did you notice the Kickstarter graphic at the bottom of the page? The one where the entire group is waving and saying "Thanks Everyone!"? That is, the entire group except for Vaarsuvius and Belkar. The question is, why aren't they there? Where are they? What are they doing? And, are they doing it together? :eek:

Belkar is tied up with a long line of people kicking him, and Vaarsuvius is in that line.

Rich did some special non-canon (I presume) comics for the Kickstarter drive on the Kickstarter site. It started with a comic of Belkar tied up by Haley with a price list where characters could kick him for money. There were some side adventures, and then Roy finds out about it and makes them untie him. . .until Belkar slips up and mentions that he agreed to it in the first place since he was getting a cut of the take, but didn't know the fundraising drive would be such an incredible success.

So, Belkar is tied up while a long line of characters (including most characters he has killed, and Vaarsuvius) take their turns.

MarkB

Legend
Besides, "Thanks, everyone!" isn't really Belkar or Vaarsuvius's style - Belkar due to the underlying sentiment, and Vaarsuvius would never willingly express such a sentiment so succinctly.

Belkar is tied up with a long line of people kicking him, and Vaarsuvius is in that line.

Rich did some special non-canon (I presume) comics for the Kickstarter drive on the Kickstarter site. It started with a comic of Belkar tied up by Haley with a price list where characters could kick him for money. There were some side adventures, and then Roy finds out about it and makes them untie him. . .until Belkar slips up and mentions that he agreed to it in the first place since he was getting a cut of the take, but didn't know the fundraising drive would be such an incredible success.

So, Belkar is tied up while a long line of characters (including most characters he has killed, and Vaarsuvius) take their turns.

I actually did know that (I was a backer of the Kickstarter). However, I figured they would be done with that whole business by now (seeing as the "Kick-Belkar-starter" was done). Besides, I was just trying to be silly.

EDIT: I looked it up, and yep, you're right, a previous Kickstarter update shows the long line with V at the end of it waiting to kick Belkar. The rest of them are up on top saying "Thank you". I'm sorry, I'm such a goofhead, I'll just go into this corner, sit down and hang my head in shame now. :eek:

Back on topic: I find Tarquin and Malack's friendship to be interesting. Even though they are among the Bad Guys of the story, they have enough respect for each other to be able to work out their differences in such a civilized manner (much to Sabine's disgust). The Order of the Stick hasn't been so mature and nice when they had disputes (sometimes, at least). Makes you wonder about the labels "Good" and "Evil", doesn't it?

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Not really considering the amount of backstabbing that is happening in Xkyon's group.

I see this as being more of a "PC" vs "NPC" thing. Relationships between PCs can be expected to be volatile at times since each pc is controlled by a different individual, as such it is difficult to know how one will react at any given moment. The actions of npcs however are entirely dictated by the necessity of the story's plot and may be influenced by genre conventions. Thus if two npcs are begrudgenly working together one can expect their relationship to come to blows the moment it benifits story's protaganists or when it impacts its drama the most. For this reason it doesn't make sense for Tarrquin and Malack to fight each other since it serves no purpose due to it happening closely after Tarquin's encounter with the PCs and not during the encounter or a lull in the story.

-Posted via mobile device.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
I doubt Malak will live much longer. Tarquin's friend or not, that lizard is a threat to Nale's very soul and so I'm betting Tarquin will kill the lizard when it comes down to the line. There will probably be a "You should have seen this coming, my family is important to me too" type line.

I'll also bet the comic where Nale kills his dad will be released on, or at least near Father's day.

fba827

Adventurer
where is 855!!!!!!

The Order of the Stick and the Linear Guild called a truce in order to playtest D&D Next together*. It is quite the kodak moment (tm) but as soon as the dice stop rolling,t hey will get back to zappity-zap and stabby-stabby.

*This fact, like all facts on the internet, may or may not be true - and chances are high that it's not... :)

Remove ads