Open content

I was wondering if there are other sources for open content other than the SRD. Each new suppliment has open content but I doubt each publisher goes out of their way to put it on the net.

Sir Elton

First Post
Dareoon Dalandrove said:
I was wondering if there are other sources for open content other than the SRD. Each new suppliment has open content but I doubt each publisher goes out of their way to put it on the net.

BESM d20 has an SRD out on the net.

Ghostwind

First Post
I can make it real easy for you as far as Bastion Press' open content goes. With the exception of the Oathbound line of books, the text of all books are 100% open content. So pick up a non-Oathbound book by Bastion and the text is all OGC. :)

Ghostwind said:
I can make it real easy for you as far as Bastion Press' open content goes. With the exception of the Oathbound line of books, the text of all books are 100% open content. So pick up a non-Oathbound book by Bastion and the text is all OGC. :)

Ditto. ;)

joe b.

Crothian said:
I think he isn't wanting to know what is OGL, but places that he can download it without paying for it.

You make it sound like I'm doing something illegal, but yes I'm looking for a site that contains the ogc from other setting and supplements. I stumbled upon this: http://crpp0001.uqtr.uquebec.ca/w4/campagne/Downloads/Monsters_by_CR.htm

It's somewhere on Wizards site and it list's all the monsters from many different sources (all by them and Dragon mag). Some of them aren't in the srd and unless I'm wronge (which is completely possible because I'm no expert on the OGL) all of them should be.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Dareoon Dalandrove said:
It's somewhere on their site and it list's all the monsters. Some of them aren't in the srd and unless I'm wronge (which is completely possible because I'm no expert on the OGL) all of them should be.

You are wrong, but its okay the OGL is not a simple thing. SRD is on line but stuff that is ogl just means other publishers can use it in their own books. OGL does not mean it can be found on line.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Dareoon Dalandrove said:

Nope. The one you have pointed to is directly absconded from somewhere on the Wizard's site and trasplanted to someone's private site. Pretty cheezie to not even remove the Wizard's copyright from the bottom, too. If you even run across the knucklehead who did that, let them know that "campagne" is spelled "campaign", too, eh?

Remove ads