D&D 4E Open Design / Wolfgang Baur to do a 4E Open Design Adventure

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Get to watch a pro learn the new edition of D&D and put it through its paces? Complete with essays on the process?

Totally signed up. Thanks for the alert, Admiral!

Admiral Caine

First Post
Zaruthustran said:
Get to watch a pro learn the new edition of D&D and put it through its paces? Complete with essays on the process?

Totally signed up. Thanks for the alert, Admiral!

You are welcome sir!

From my previous posts I might have a reputation for being Anti-4th Edition, and that really isn't accurate.

I am Pro-3rd-Party 4th Edition! And I actually have 4th edition books on pre-order despite my concerns about the GSL (which are easing up).

I'll always be a Paizo guy, but I too, am interested in what Wolfgang Baur can do with 4th Edition. Glad to have you aboard!

Jack99

Adventurer
Admiral Caine said:
I'll always be a Paizo guy, but I too, am interested in what Wolfgang Baur can do with 4th Edition. Glad to have you aboard!

Yeah, it is really a pity about Paizo and 4e. Would have loved to have them make 4e AP's. Sadly that won't happen it seems, but luckily Necromancers will do so instead, as well as Dungeon Magazine. And if some of the talented writers such as W. Bauer also make some great 4e adventures, I think we will be covered.

Cheers

Mottokrosh

First Post
I just sent my $30. The fey/miller's bride hook had me, well, hooked, right away. It'll be interesting to see how a pro works! :)

I'm having trouble logging into the KQ forum though. I registered for the account but upon login it always sends me to the store. I deleted my cookies like suggested in the thread over there but still no luck. :(

Admiral Caine

First Post
voice220 said:
I just sent my $30. The fey/miller's bride hook had me, well, hooked, right away. It'll be interesting to see how a pro works! :)

I'm having trouble logging into the KQ forum though. I registered for the account but upon login it always sends me to the store. I deleted my cookies like suggested in the thread over there but still no luck. :(

If this helps... the actual discussion happens at the LiveJournal.

LiveJournal allows you to assign security rights to specific users, allowing some people to see some posts, and others not..

What will happen is that Wolfgang will send you an e-mail asking for your LiveJournal account name. Those are absolutely free, and you don't need to have an actual LiveJournal that you maintain, just the free account.

When you sign into LiveJournal, you'll be able to see the posts that you've been assigned permissions to.. and it usually takes a day for Wolfgang to set you up.

I'd just look for an e-mail directly from him to the e-mail you used with Paypal.

The Kobold Quarterly link was really just another source of information and discussion about the process. You know to ask questions of Wolfgang or other people in the Kobold Quarterly Community.

The real magic all happens over at LiveJournal, so if the KQ site is giving you a hassle, don't worry.. it's not actually the medium through which the work is done.

Hope that helps!

FunkBGR

Explorer
I've been a patron since Castle Shadowcrag (I think that's right).

I don't contribute, but I read all the posts. Kinda like on EnWorld.

/shrug - it's as involved as you want to be. Discussion often trails off into various sub-points and counterpoints, but I've seen monsters, encounters, and everything else switch based on patron's input.

It's well worth my money, IMO.

Mottokrosh

First Post
Admiral Caine said:
The real magic all happens over at LiveJournal, so if the KQ site is giving you a hassle, don't worry.. it's not actually the medium through which the work is done.
Fair enough. I'm sure I've got an unused LJ account lying around somewhere. :) *rummages*

Graf

Explorer
Just to throw my opinion in, I've been an inconsistent participant in the past but -generally- speaking, you can get as involved as you want.

I can't speak for all the projects, but WB has generally demonstrated that he takes the whole "patron" thing seriously. He'll work to put in elements that people suggest.

It's a unique/stimulating experience.

Remove ads