Opinions for Men, Women domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number47

First Post
I am going through and finally updating all the gods and domains for my homebrew. It started in 2E and thus is a lot of work to get up to 3E compliant. Two domains I need to stat out (out of about 40 or 50 added) are Men and Women. What should be the focus for these domains? I don't need to know the specifics, I'll work that out, but what the general idea behind the domain might be. By the way, I am playing core rules only plus house rules. I don't buy extra supplements, so I don't have this or that domain you might refer to, nor will I be buying any supplements. Oh, and one more thing. The group I currently DM is the "girls group". Anything that would make them hit me is right out.

When I get done (or mostly done), I am going to post a pdf here and gather some feedback. Actually, I am thinking of posting a whole bunch of stuff for people to make use of and also to comment on.

Thanks, people.

Xarlen

First Post
Well, I guess it depends on the God what spells/abilities.

If the god teaches Pachriachy, then go for more physical and/or authoritative.

I honestly can't think of anything, because it would be more socialogical/cultural, as aposed to Purely Physical.

Number47

First Post
There is more than one god that has an aspect in Men, and more than one goddess with an aspect in Women. The domains should stand independent of culture because of this.

Dragongirl

First Post
I can't think of anything either, nor can I see why you would want this. Perhaps if you explained your ideas behind having a male and female domain, that would help us think of something.

Edit : And it would be cultural, doesn't matter how many gods you have with it. There is no universal male or female thing, other than females giving birth. Anything you would give to a male or female domain would be entirely dependant on the culture.

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Dragongirl said:
I can't think of anything either, nor can I see why you would want this. Perhaps if you explained your ideas behind having a male and female domain, that would help us think of something.

Ditto.

Number47

First Post
The domains appear because of two reasons. One, when I first made up the gods I compiled a huge list of example gods and their aspects (or domains) and those appeared pretty significantly. Two, I created all the gods in 2E, when there weren't any domains. I now have the task of converting these gods over.

I hate to do it, but I think I might just have to say that Men = War and Women = Birth. It seems somehow wrong, but I can't just remove the concepts entirely at this stage. Not to mention the fact that War is a much better domain for adventuring than Birth.

Thanks, anyway!

Number47 said:
The domains appear because of two reasons. One, when I first made up the gods I compiled a huge list of example gods and their aspects (or domains) and those appeared pretty significantly. Two, I created all the gods in 2E, when there weren't any domains. I now have the task of converting these gods over.

I hate to do it, but I think I might just have to say that Men = War and Women = Birth. It seems somehow wrong, but I can't just remove the concepts entirely at this stage. Not to mention the fact that War is a much better domain for adventuring than Birth.

Thanks, anyway!

its a sterotype for a reason.... if you want to maintain that sterotype go ahead

what i'd do though would make the Birth domain one hell of a baddass domain. Remember birth is not just the passive giving of life, it is the ABSOLUTE control over that life.. hehe :)

joe b.
(thinking of a new 8th-lvl spell: Separate. "Frees" the soul from the flesh... :) )

Man = War & Woman = Birth
Well, that's arguably the secondary derived mythology. If you want to get real proto-myth, you could go with Man = Sky or Sun & Woman = Earth or Fertility

Plus, any of those can be made into an adventuring-style domain. Just think Animal/Plant/Growth for Fertility

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads