• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Opinions on One More Quest (and dexterity-based RPGs)?

Rotoscope

Villager
Hello everyone! I've recently read an article on Dicebreaker about the most interesting RPGs coming in 2022, and among them there was One More Quest, a "dexterity RPG" currently on Kickstarter. Its basic concept somewhat captured my curiosity, so I'd like to check if someone else has some thoughts about it before considering to make a pledge.

I never played Dungeon Fighter, the tabletop game from which the "dice-throwing on a target board" system is inspired from, so I checked a couple of videos and it seems quite funny for a family/party game but a strange choice for an RPG.
The only other RPG I played that requires some kind of "dexterity" is Dread with its Jenga tower-based mechanics, but something like this where you actually need to throw dices on a target, with various restrictions that makes the task more difficult (i.e: with your eyes closed, while jumping, using your elbow) seems pretty "unusual" to me even if I feel somewhat attracted from the basic idea.

I downloaded the Quickstart and watched a couple of gameplay videos on the campaign page, but I'd like to have an opinion from someone that actually played it, if possible. It's a very different title compared to the games I usually play (D&D, some PbtA and some other indie titles) and I'd like to have some more insights about it.

Thanks in advance to everyone who'd like to share a thought!

Remove ads