OrcPub Is An Unofficial Online Character Generator for Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

wow...so is this going to stay up or be C&Ded... any bets...

darjr

I crit!
And you made the front page!

thanks for all these changes. There is a purple pdf character sheet here and then there are the contest winner sheets from wotc.

Also ever consider doing the AL tracking sheet?

Voort

Explorer
Very nice interface, will def. have to bookmark.

One issue: It will only use STR for damage on weapons like rapier & shortsword. Not seeing a finess button or option.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
This looks awesome. I was thinking of writing something similar, but you have saved me a huge amount of time.

Adding membership to this page would be great. I'd probably end up adding the PHB, EE companion, and SCAG options myself for my own group's benefit.

Well done, sir!

Code Ronin

First Post
Very nice! Still a bit rough, but I can see where this is going.

One thing I did find that's not working correctly. High elves get one wizard cantrip they can cast. This doesn't currently seem to be implemented.

Nellisir

Hero
If you have to resort to an ad hominem to back up your position, then it's a pretty weak position to begin with. Especially since I was talking about how the teenagers I know are playing the game, and it's not like you assume, and not even about my own age or preferences.

When I was a teenager, I had the time and the inclination to do all the prep work for the games I ran. Now that I'm NOT a teenager, I like a bit of help getting through the mundanity of prepping before a game. Rolling the hit points of 14 orcs is no longer a big thrill for me.

WotC is absolutely behind the curve on providing decent digital support around the base game. That doesn't mean the game should NEED that support, because it absolutely shouldn't, but wanting it as an option isn't wrong.

red-orc

First Post
And you made the front page!

thanks for all these changes. There is a purple pdf character sheet here and then there are the contest winner sheets from wotc.

Also ever consider doing the AL tracking sheet?

darjr, That's awesome about the front page, thanks for creating this thread, all of the feedback has been great. I'll take a look at the character sheets you mentioned. I haven't looked at doing the AL tracking sheet, but it seems like it would be pretty easy to add if there is enough interest from the community.

Last edited by a moderator:

red-orc

First Post
Very nice interface, will def. have to bookmark.

One issue: It will only use STR for damage on weapons like rapier & shortsword. Not seeing a finess button or option.

Thanks for your feedback Voort. Due to limited space, it just shows the STR bonus, but if you save and view the saved character the details do mention finesse. Maybe I should show whatever score is highest STR or DEX for finesse weapons, since most players would probably use whichever is highest? I may also be able to make it fit somehow.

red-orc

First Post
This looks awesome. I was thinking of writing something similar, but you have saved me a huge amount of time.

Adding membership to this page would be great. I'd probably end up adding the PHB, EE companion, and SCAG options myself for my own group's benefit.

Well done, sir!

Thank you much BookBarbarian. I definitely have plans in the works for some kind of membership feature, but it's probably a few months away, at least.

Remove ads

Remove ads