OrcPub Is An Unofficial Online Character Generator for Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

wow...so is this going to stay up or be C&Ded... any bets...

CapnZapp

Legend
Not having computer-automated tools to assist me as a DM hurts WotC ability to sell me things.

No "living character sheet"? Wtf?

No fully searchable fully hyperlinked body of rules? Wtf?

No complete encounter generator, including full monster stats at my fingertips? Wtf?

WotC really needs to be dragged into the 21st century...

red-orc

First Post
CapnZapp, those same frustrations are what let me to start writing my own D&D tools app in the first place. What I am counting on in sharing it is that WotC understands players' frustrations and appreciates that I am helping to solve the problem using only data they already make freely available. I heard that there had been an attempt at some officially licensed online tools, but the developer failed to deliver.

Last edited by a moderator:

red-orc

First Post
I've thought I would like to provide several different options for character sheets, maybe even some level of sheet customization. I'm very open to thoughts on the matter.

Wuzzard

First Post
Great web app. This is elegantly designed.

Probably already on the to do list, but if I create a new spell, and save it (to my browser), it doesn't appear in the spells list when designing a character class or when creating a character.

red-orc

First Post
Great catch Wuzzard, I believe I have that fixed now, thanks. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

Ricochet

Explorer
I've been playing around with the website some more, and it really is a great and functional site!

Request: a zip with an offline version. :)

Remove ads

Remove ads