Orcs on the Rampage - Tales from the Broken Lands(Updated 25-May-06)

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Assault on the Roadside Keep

A middle-aged Goblin sits up in his prison cell; three Orcs look to him for guidance. FillexHulkil had a vision in the last sleep cycle. He would be delivered from this prison, and the other Orcs with him. A warband of Orcs on a Coming of Age quest would shatter the tower door and set him free. His mission was not going as well as planned. Two weeks into his search for Orcs to swell his tribal ranks, and he was captured by a human patrol. Stripped of his Gri-Gri, he was unable to cast most of his spells. The three Orcs in his thrall now share the same cell with him. He whispers to them during the day.
"We will be freed today, we will travel with these newcomers for a time and see where their luck takes us."
Yes, freedom, and the chance to complete my task and gain acceptance from my Chief.

After Gorga dispenses orders, the tribe readies weapons, and moves down to the roadway to start walking toward the keep. The gag is removed from Father Gilthen’s mouth and he is pushed ahead of Gorga within an arms length. They take the narrow path winding from the main road up to the large Iron reinforced wooden gate. The gate is anchored in the barrier on both sides. There is a ten-foot deep drop off on both sides of the entryway to the gate, which is just over 10 feet in height. The warband jogs right up to the gate as the sentries wait with arrows prepared. Iirkh looks up a little at them both and starts grinning.

Gorga begins “Let us in, or the Cleric gets it.” Both sentries blanch at this, and one climbs down and runs for the tower.

“We can’t let you in Orc, you’ll kill the Cleric anyway.” Is the reply from the remaining guard as he shoots an arrow into Father Gilthen, with a look searching for forgiveness in his eyes.

Gorga spits out a command as he takes the Cleric to the ground, “Iirkh, over the gate and open it for us, it’ll be faster than smashing it.”

Iirkh moving with a speed that is unexpected, is up and climbing the wall in no time. Rhgl takes to the barrier on the left, and begins to climb, but miscalculates the danger of the barriers on the edge of the ditch, and uncharacteristically slides down into the ditch. As soon as Iirkh starts up the front of the gate, the remaining sentry scrambles down the back of the barrier, and runs for the tower as well. Father Gilthen cries out piteously as Gorga drives the arrow deeper into the wound. “Now you will pay for their treachery Cleric.” Gorga sets about making his chosen enemy die as painfully and noisily as possible. Father Gilthen tries remaining quiet and pray to his god, but this Orc is skilled in delivering pain to the right places. Agonized screams are what the men in the tower hear from beyond the barrier.

A huge Half-Ogre climbs over the top of the gate eager for what awaits him inside. Iirkh drops down on the inside, and easily rips the brace out of its anchors on the back of the gate. The door swings open, and the warband has made it past the first obstacle. Iirkh rounds on the fleeing sentry and breaks into a run. As the sentry makes it through the tower door, Iirkh has closed the distance by half. Sharraxtharkul stops to give Rhgl a hand out of the ditch, and his wolf companion paces back and forth, as if he’ll get to eat the trapped goblin when he is pulled up.

Scrag and Drusilla chase after Iirkh, and notice arrows flying from slits at the second level. Two more human archers have moved out onto the roof of the attached building, and begun shooting arrows at them as well. If Iirkh doesn’t get that door open, this will soon be a killing ground.

Gorga finishes up his grisly task, and rushes past Sharraxtharkul and Rhgl, “Hurry, and stop fooling around. We’ll need you inside.”

“They come. I am almost free”

Iirkh slams into the Iron-bound Oak door, and for an instant concern registers in his mind, shortly after; there is an explosion of wood, as the wooden bar on the inside of the door absorbs the destructive power of a charging 900 lb Half-Ogre. Iirkh roars in exaltation and a little relief as he bursts into the room. In a moment he is pierced with a longspear, while three others are too busy avoiding shards of wood, to make good an attack on the Half-Ogre.

In the middle of the room a round table has been thrown over, and 4 Darokin soldiers take cover behind, each waiting with a longspear for anything coming through the door. The room is round, with a ladder leading up to the next level. There is a barred door across from the entrance, and the voices of Orcs can be heard, from the other side, loudly shouting to be freed. The remains of a dice game are strewn on the floor Copper pieces lie everywhere.

Iirkh lays about him with his rock, while the others brave arrow fire to make it up to the front of the tower. Iirkh is filling the doorway, and hasn’t thought to make room for the others to come in and help him kill. Blood dribbles from the spear wound in his side, and he begins to weaken some. As Gorga makes it to the tower, he quickly sizes up the situation and yells. “Iirkh, make way so we can fight too.” Sharraxtharkul rushes up managing to clasp a hand on Iirkh’s leg, through the doorway, before Iirkh decides to move. He is able to channel the power of nature up from the ground, through his body, into Iirkh, halting the flow of blood from the wound, and sealing it into a dark bruise.

Rhgl gets a bad feeling, and a large rock buries itself in the ground at his feet. “Gorga, the pinkskins throw rocks from the tower top!” Scrag takes a glancing blow from a rock, and throws himself at the doorway, to squeeze past Iirkh. An opening is made between Iirkh and the doorjamb, and the warband makes it in the tower. Despite the reach advantage of the Darokin soldiers, they die quickly having inflicting few wounds on the Orcs.

Cries are heard from the prison cells. “In here.” “Release us.” “Don’t leave us to the pinkskins mercy.” “They have come as I said.” “Let me kill some Dar-O-kins too.” The shouts become hard to recognize, as the Orcs become uncertain whether they will be set free or not.

Rhgl and Sharraxtharkul begin searching bodies and picking up coins, while Iirkh prepares to muscle the entrance to the prison. Scrag and Drusilla guard the ladder, and the wolf looks to see if anything will follow in the door. Gorga gets a key ring from the goblins, and brings it over in time to save Iirkh the exertion of bending and breaking that would be required to get the iron cell door open.

“Quiet Orcs. I, Gorga will set you free today. We are of the Vile Runes tribe”

The barred door leads to a 30’ by 50’ prison, with barred doors guarding smaller cells. Manacles are attached to iron loops in the floors and the ankles of the Orcs. There are a dozen Orcs scattered in different cells here. Most of them are injured. The cells are relatively clean, but the Orcs manage to make them seem cluttered and filthy. One cell in particular holds 4 Orcs. 1 obviously touched by magic, the other three clearly look to him for direction. “I have foreseen our release at your hands, I am FillexHulkil” A goblin stands to greet Gorga from within his cell. He is small, but there is a power about him. “I must have my Gri-Gri, they keep it in the last cell. You will need my powers before the day is gone”

Gorga releases the Orcs, and finds that all have been severely beaten or injured during capture. Of them all only two would be capable of combat, one named Tyco, who keeps asking to kill the Dar-O-kins, and FillexHulkil a magic man, called a Wicca, from the Broken Lands. All the Orcs, except the Wicca are the remains of the Screaming Monkey tribe, which was recently decimated by Darokin soldiers. The Wicca strangely does not claim a tribe, but few question Orcs who use magic.

Gorga gives Tyco a longspear and a Darokin Rapier, and points him to the ladder. “More Darokin soldiers up there.”

Tyco clambers up the ladder, and throws open the cover, sword and spear in one hand fierce determination as his shield. The archers at their arrow slits turn quickly as Tyco jumps upon one, wrestling him against the wall, sword and spear were dropped as the spear would not come to bear through the hole into close quarters fighting. The others draw rapiers as the Orcs swarm into the room. The battle is short, and soon Tyco is directed to the door, which opens onto the roof of the prison. There is no one left on the roof, and Gorga points to the ladder again. The next level up in the tower is without combat. There are cots lined up in this sleeping room, and a small chest lies near one of them, it is locked, with no key found that fits the lock. Tyco gets his directions from Gorga again, and a storage room is found above. Crates of rations, extra weapons and armor are stored here. The Goblins begin taking everything they can carry down to the first floor, they’ve not been much help in the combat here and this is a useful task as Gorga sees it. They must leave quickly when the tower is cleared, for help is surely on the way from the city south of here.

After again being directed by Gorga to the ladder, Tyco is unable to open the ladder hole cover, to the roof of the tower. He braces and pushes, but is unable to generate enough force while standing on the ladder to get the trapdoor open. Scrag climbs up to take his place, and Iirkh reaches up and with a screech of metal on wood, helps force it open. Scrag is unsure at this point if he really wants to be the first through the hole, but Iirkh is impatient, and gives him a boost.

Scrag is suddenly struck by 3 arrows from different points on the roof, and he falls back into the room. The Orcs look at each other, and Tyco charges up the ladder, the others following behind.

As the Orcs swarm the rooftop and defeat is assured, a human reaches up to grab something, and jumps over the side of the tower, sliding down a cable away from the tower. As Iirkh squeezes through the trapdoor, Gorga yells to him ”Iirkh, break that rope!”

The soldiers die quickly as Iirkh runs up to the wooden post holding the wire in place. Seeing he has no knife to cut with, Iirkh does what he does best. Drawing back his “good rock” Iirkh smashes the post, and sees the human fall to the ground half way to his destination on the outer barrier. This man did not expect his escape route to be foiled so easily.

FillexHulkil was dancing around the fallen body of Scrag, pulling arrows from his body. Gri-Gri waving in the air, and uttering a low guttural chant calling the powers of healing from the spirits. The Orc sits up in time to hear the shouted command of Gorga up on the roof “Quick, he is getting away, out the main gate.”

Upon receiving healing, and hearing Gorga’s shout, Scrag springs up and begins rushing down the ladder after the fleeing human. Sharraxtharkul sees the Orc's coming down, and rushes down and out of the way on the ground floor of the tower. Rhgl looks up the ladder and sees death in the eyes of the Orc's above, and darts down and out of the tower running for his life.

"Orcs can be so fickle, what did he do anyway, just carrying some boxes to the ground floor. Why pick on poor little Rhgl and come after him? He would never hurt another Orc, unless he deserved it, and then there would be the sneaking and hiding, and the sharp knives to exact his revenge in the sleeping hours." Running towards the gate, Rhgl furtively looks above for the hail of rocks that he fears will soon follow.

FillexHulkil takes a different path, he heads up to the roof, and seeing the fleeing human, who has caused him so much trouble, begins calling upon the spirit world for another spell. The eerie sound washes over the Orcs, as they look on in awe and respect, if not fear. The spell culiminates with a word echoing with sinister intent "Sleeeep". The fleeing human falls to the ground fast asleep as he is running past the body of the Cleric outside the encampment.

Next up: Return to the home tribe

Last edited:

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
The Axe said:
<---Thing that goes *BUMP* in the night

I'll be writing another update this Friday night, and hope to finish it in the same evening. Return to the home tribe:

Where if successful, naming ceremonies will be held. Each Orc will give his story of his exploits while out on the "Coming of age Ceremony" Many of the players stepped up, and gave their character's account of their deeds on the foray into human lands.

GW

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Return to the Home Tribe

Up ahead, Rhgl sees a human fall to the ground mid-stride, just outside the gates. “Maybe Rhgl was not the target? Hmm?” He slows a little after passing the body, to see if the Orcs stop there. Scrag, and shortly after him, Gorga and Tyco come to investigate the body. Rhgl comes skittering back. Hiding a look of relief he reports in “Great Gorga, no others escaped ahead of this one.”

“Be useful Rhgl. Strip this one of weapons, and tie him securely, we will take him back to the tribe. He is strong and will make a good slave.” All of the Orcs have seen the slaves back at the home tribe. None looked as hale or strong-willed as this one surely was.

“And save that Bow for me. I can use it best.” To the rest of the warband and newfound pariah, “gather up all the treasure, weapons, food. Anything of value to the tribe will be taken. More pinkskins will come soon, many more, and we must not be found.”

Short work is made of gathering nearly anything that is not securely fastened to a wall or door hinge. Almost every thing here has some value to the tribe. Gorga gives the order to move out, and after leaving the path into the open lands to the North, Drusilla and Gorga begin the work of covering tracks of the passing Orcs. It is slower going, but once the Broken Lands are reached the chances of pursuit drop to almost nothing. Travel is pushed through the first night, and into the next day. Rest is taken once, due to the injured Orcs, but the trip, back to tribal lands, is made in just over two days. During the trip home, Tyco warns Gorga of the unusual relationship between FillexHulkil and the three Orcs who follow him. “They listen too close, and guard him like a tribe chief.” Gorga keeps an eye on them when he is not busy at the enormous task of keeping everyone moving.

As the warband comes nearer to the heart of Vile Runes country, a patrol is seen. They salute the younglings, and head straight back to the home tribe at a run.

Gorga warns everyone “They will let the tribe know of our return. We return with victory and spoils, let us hope they are enough to discharge our trial.”

The gates are open as the warband returns. Women and young line the palisade and call to the returning younglings. “Did you bring weapons? Treasure?” Cheers and shouts are leveled at the returning Orcs.

Garnash One-Tusk sits on his outdoor seat of honor, with the Shaman, Hargul Wolf-Tongue standing nearby. The elders Caasz Iron-butt, Huzzk Elf-Ripper, and Raorr Scare-Belly are all present to help judge the worthiness of the returning younglings. The warband in charge of security directs the younglings and new pariah to place all treasure at the feet of the elders, and to step back near the fire pit. The tribe gathers round the pit and a low rumbling of Orc voices can be heard, discussing the value of the treasure and the likelihood that these ragtag Orcs would soon be Vile Runes.
Garnash speaks “You return knowing what will happen if you have not gained enough weapons and armor for the tribe.” Hargul jumps down from the platform and approaches the younglings. “They have returned with pariah for the tribe, and a prisoner for me.” He eyes Sharraxtharkul and the wandering Wicca, FillexHulkil with a measuring stare. “Grown in magic already Sharrax… you will do well to learn your place.”

Meanwhile the elders are going through the treasure in front of them. Grunts of satisfaction are made, and the elders turn and nod to Garnash. Huzzk offers ”It is as we expected, padded armor and skinny swords favored by the Darokin pinkskins.” Caasz announces, “Gold and goods make up for the shortfall. If any of these pariah prove themselves, the tribe grows more.” It is obvious to everyone that the pariah will not be included in this ceremony.

Garnash speaks again “You younglings have proven yourselves to the tribe, tell us of your battles and you will be given fitting names in the tribe.” Hargul begins to dance around and pray to Wogan to see the truth of the new tribe members’ words.

Gorga steps forward and begins,

“Oh Great Garnash and honored tribesmen, this is my tale and that of my warband.

I lead our band through the lands, finding food, water and shelter. We found good strong trees and with the great skill of Rhgl were able to fashion weapons with which to slay our enemies.

We soon found the pinkskins' lands and dispatched many of them easily with both stealth and strength. We took their leader hostage and made their only brave warrior cower in fear. We allowed the village to stand so that we could plunder them again in the future.

Then, I lead the mighty band through the border lands where we scouted the pinkskin's fortification. We ambushed one of their patrols and slew them easily with use of our weapons and some magic from Sharraxtharkul.

Then we proceeded to attack their fortification. We used the spiritual leader as a hostage and demanded them to allow us entry. Although they hesitated, eventually they forsaked the leader to protect their lives. A mistake, for we left none alive. His usefulness at an end, I ended the leader's life myself.

The great Iirkh leveled the door to the fortification and allowed us entry. We slaughtered all the pinkskins weakening their outpost. We then captured their leader, freed the other orcs and plundered the fortification for the glory of the tribe. We brought back the leader of the fortification for you to do as you see fit.“

Gorga grabs him by the arm, and pushes him forward, and continues with his speech.

”All of the band acted bravely and brought honor to the tribe.“ He points to the piles of treasure and goods at the feet of the elders. “We returned with these spoils to enrich the tribe. I, Gorga, hope my actions and those of my band please you, Great Garnash.”

A grin splits Garnash One-tusk’s face. Hargul continues to dance around and suddenly rushes up to Gorga looking into his eyes and announces. “I name you ‘Gorga Manhunter’, you honor the tribe.” With that he spins back around and continues dancing and praying as only an Orcish Shaman can do, Gri-Gri flailing, and Wolf skin flapping as he goes.

One of the elders directs a nearby guard to take the human prisoner to Hargul’s hut for questioning later.

Garnash continues, “Gorga, as our Shaman says, you honor the tribe.” Pointing at Drusilla Garnash commands, “You darkskin, tell us of your battles.”

Drusilla steps forth and speaks. “Great Garnash, I have traveled with these Orcs, hunted food for them, and killed with them. Humans fell at my hands, and I yearned to kill more. I used my skills, learned while hunting in the lands of our tribe, to disguise our trail, and keep the humans from following us back here.” Somehow the Dark Elf managed to keep a level of refinement, even after living with Orcs since her childhood.

Garnash nods to her, and Hargul dances up to look in Drusilla’s eyes. “You do honor to the tribe, your name is now, 'Drusilla Wolf-kin'.” He abruptly turns away to return to his dancing and prayers again.

Garnash points to Scrag. “You there, what did you contribute?”

Scrag ambles forward and begins what he thinks are his exploits. “Scrag looking forward to maiming of unworthy creatures, leaping up from the dead and being the bane of all bent twig with string wielding creatures. Mostly, Scrag thirsts put down all who cowardly refuse to bring their challenge axe to axe and instead fling treachery from a distance.”

Garnash looks on in astonishment at the Barbarian, and looks to Gorga, who explains. “Scrag fought bravely and fell to many arrows. He was healed by the Wicca FillexHulkil and has hatred for archers now.” Garnash nods, and Hargul comes dancing up again to look in Scrag’s eyes, not seeing much more than his reflection he announces. “You do honor to your tribe, and you did service for your warband, your name is 'Scrag Limp-stick'.” A roar goes up from the relatively quiet surrounding tribe, and laughter is heard at this name.

Garnash silences them with a quick wave of his arm. “Enough... Limp-stick is one of us now. He can earn a new name in future battles.” Hargul returns to his dancing and praying, while Garnash calls upon Iirkh, “Ogre, come forth and give us your words of battle.”

Iirkh tells his “Tail.”

”O Garnush won tux: warband leave home to siek pinkskin viillig az ewe no. We are finding little hut, two pinkskins making strange noises insiid. Little goblin doesn't let Iirkh crash door, insted climes wall and opens from inside quietlee. We smash pinkskins while they sleep, it is most satisfying crunching noyz when Iirkh hit with his gud rok. Shardaxbartool tells Iirkh to eat little red fruits from plants outsiid, but Iirkh eat bit of pinkskin insted. Pinkskin tastee.

We then attack pinkskin town, kill more miserable pinkskins as they sleep. But little orx and puni goblinz make too much noise, Iirkh has to chays pinkskin servints to gathering place where filthy pinkskin starts hitting big mettal can to waik warriors. Iirkh crush one under his great foot, pull off otherz hed with his mighty fist. Iirkh like to kill pinkskins. Iirkh glad to kill pinkskins for glory of traib.

Filthy pinkskin shaman comes out of hut, tries to talk to warband like they are pinkskins. Little Gorga gets shaman to surrender, Iirkh makes sure tiny pinkskin no he will face quik deth if not listen. We get villig to set down weponz, they are so afraid of Iirkh. Shaman leads us to little pinkskin fort. Little Sharxmexbarkul thros magic into pinkskin patrol, tangles up orcs and Iirkh with filthy pinkskinz inside thorneevines, but we crush their hedz with mighty rock swings and stikpokes. We takes their spears and Gorga planz attack on fort.

Mighty Iirkh leaps over little gate, tramples pinkskinz and makes mash of their braenz. Little pinkskin warband leeder tries to exkape, but great Iirkh breaks his flying stik with Rok. Sharnextarmool has no magiks to stop little pinkskin, other little shaman -- Felnixbignose -- makes it sleep insted. We take all wepuns and relees ork priziners from pinkskin cage. Iirkh strong, carry many trophies for band, for little orcs and puny goblinz can't carry prizes on their backs.

Iirkh proud to swing Rok for honor of Vile Runes!”
Cheers go up at this Ogrish mangling of what happened. Nearly out of breath, Iirkh smiles at the response and hefts his rock for all to see, stained dark from all the recent blood.

Hargul dances near and looks up at the huge Half-Ogre. “You honor your tribe. You are now known as 'Iirkh Stone-Fist'.” More cheers from the tribe, and Gorga pats Iirkh on the arm. “Good show Iirkh.” Iirkh is beaming at all the praise.

Garnash calls for quiet again, and points to Sharraxtharkul. “You Goblin... What did you do?” Hargul dances around Iirkh for a second longer and casts his eyes towards Sharraxtharkul.

Sharraxtharkul steps forward, with his wolf companion at his side. “Oh Great Garnash One-Tusk, I have traveled far with these Orcs, and used magic to aid them. I made the plants come alive to trap Darokin pink skins for an easy kill, and to heal Iirkh when he would have fallen in battle. I humbly submit my magic to the tribe and this warband.”

All take notice of the powerful totem of the Wolf that Sharraxtharkul has at his side. Their God Wogan was known as the first and best rider of wolves, when the horde was searching for a home. This new spark of power could mean a shift in the tribe if Sharraxtharkul continues to gain in his abilities.

Regardless of his feelings, Hargul dances up and looks into the eyes of a possible future rival for power in the tribe. With an evil grin, Hargul begins “You have brought honor to your tribe, I name you 'Tangle-foot'!” A shock rushes through the tribe at this insulting Halfling-style name. Hargul dances happily away to continue his prayers, knowing he will hear about this from Garnash later. But tradition is tradition, and none will gainsay the shaman’s naming.

Still slightly shocked, Garnash points to Rhgl “Goblin, the other one. Tell us what you did.”

Rhgl moves quietly forward and puffs himself up with a big breath.

”Our Great Lord Garnash One-Tusk, this is my humble tale of a party of great warriors sent to invade the pinkskins.

After we leaving the safe-safeness of our home, we, the small band of young and eager warriors headed to the most dangerous borders. Gorga and Drusilla are able to gather what good we needed, while little ol' Rhgl was tasked with fashioning the first weapons that we are to use, simple spears.

Finally we made our way, after a few days journey, to the edge of the pinkskin village. A small hut made of wood and clay stood before us. Poor, little ol' Rhgl sneak-sneak over to the hut. Peering inside the hole, I see our first pinkskin. Sneak-sneak back to the rest of the young warband, I tell them what is inside. Gorga, being the smarted of the group, agrees we should kill what is inside.

Poor ol' Rhgl sneak-sneak back to the hut, and up up and inside the opening I did enter. Making my way to the door, I opens it for the band. Inside Iirkh lifts his massive rock, and BOOM! Off comes the head of the pinkskin. Off comes the head of the second one.

Soon after we make our way to the village. We see a hut, with walls around. Gorga thinks this place has something we want. Gorga is wise. Up up over the wall, Little Rhgl goes. I open the gate and lets us all in. Gorga, wise, heads around to the front, I go the other way. We make sure no pinkskins are around.

Gorga spots a pinkskin, and with his weapon in hand, he cuts off the head of the pinkskin. The head rolls-rolls to my feat, and stares blankly up at me. Inside we sneak-sneak. Entering the sleeping chamber, we see more of these ugly pinkskins. Iirkh easy mashes head of one of the pinkskins. I not see what kill the other, but it's head came off as well. Who would have known pinkskins die-die so easy...?”

Garnash waves his hands in the air, “Enough, we will be here all night.”
Hargul dances forward to look at Rhgl. “You honor your tribe Goblin. Your name is now 'Rhgl Story-teller'.” He then dances off, with both Goblins staring death at his back, to finish the prayer. As he finishes, Garnash One-tusk stands to address the tribe.

“Vile Runes!! I give you our newest members. They will make up a new warband to join the others. The Eagles. Gorga Manhunter has proven himself to be the most fit and will lead this warband.”

The tribe begins cheering again, and fall silent with a wave of Garnash’s hand.

“Tonight we celebrate our growing tribe, we will grow and take over the lands around us, the Ogre lands to the West, The Fat Lips and Kobold lands to the East, and Human lands to the South. The Vile Runes will be known and feared throughout the Broken Lands.”

After the cheering and yelling die down, Garnash finishes. “You will be given all the benefits of tribe members from this night forth, see Gynk Lip-biter on the new day, for your first assignment. You may keep the weapons you have used for your own as your share. Let the feasting begin!!!”

Hargul Wolf-Tongue points at the fire pit and begins chanting and waving his Gri-Gri. A fire roars into being and the celebration begins.

Next Up: A visit to the Wayrest Trading Post

Last edited:

snotling

Explorer
Rhgl here..
and btw, its pronounced "Huggle" the R is silent *giggle*

I was going to a theme in my report back to one-tusk. I liked the idea of all these heads rolling all over the places... sadly, poor ol' Rhgl as cut off before he got to tell how the head went pop by the hands of the 1/2 Ogre..

I am enjoying reading what GW writes up on our adventure, its a blast to read a recap.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
snotling said:
Rhgl here.. I am enjoying reading what GW writes up on our adventure, its a blast to read a recap.

Glad to have one of the players chime in. We play again tonight, and I have 3 sessions already ahead to write up. Next Friday I'll write up the trip to one of the few open Trading/Taverns in the Broken Lands.

GW

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I had a blast last night. The BBEG I had been planning for some time now was a decent challenge for the warband, with a little help from a couple of Dretches. I figure it will take me two or three updates for this one running combat alone. significant damage was done to most of the warband. Only Iirkh, however, was knocked unconscious. We're 4 maybe 5 updates behind this encounter now. I'll be working on an update this week.

GW

Last edited:

snotling

Explorer
One on the things I was trying to get Rhgl to do in the begining was to be the brains behind Ierkh. Tell him what I wanted to do, and have Ierkh think it was is idea. Then have Ierkh lead the tribe.

That worked the first session.. but shortly after that, Rhgl lost power to Gorga.. he has not been able to get it back... Darn Orcs.. thinking they are so smart.. Let them match wit with a goblin.. Though Ierkh still thinks he is the leader..

Little goblin must plan something for the mightly Gorga..

Remove ads