• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Orcus of Necromancer Games says "You were right, I was wrong"

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Per Bill on the Necro boards, they are working on a POD option, but no timetable yet.

DriveThru recently announced that they are moving to a POD option on many titles, but IIRC, that's going to take a few months to get that up and running.

Belphanior

First Post
Uhm... I understand why the Publishers & Press Releases post was made, but doesn't this "I admit I was wrong" story look like a method to slip an add in under the radar? Essentially he's telling us he's got three new products we can buy from him, and maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that this particular sub-forum isn't the place for that?

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Seriously though, am I reading this right or are these each running around $20 for a PDF? Will the market bear that kind of price? because I can't see myself paying that.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I wont say "no way." It was just proving to be a difficult thing to do for lots of reasons. And the adventures we had done were all awesome (in particular Greg's Slumbering Tsar is amazing) and the fans had just waited long enough. Bill convinced me it was time to just let them be released as 3.5 pdfs.

Clark

I would be interested in knowing what makes the release of 4E adventures difficult in your opinion. Other 3rd party publishers are releasing 4E adventures, so what makes the prospect difficult for Necromancer Games?

Seriously though, am I reading this right or are these each running around $20 for a PDF? Will the market bear that kind of price? because I can't see myself paying that.
Wait, what happened to the "Pathfinder Effect" causes PDF prices to drop to zero from one of those industry insider rants a while back? :)

Yeah, they are pricey, but personally, I've always felt PDFs were undervalued, and as a market leader in adventures Necromancer Games can charge a premium. Plus these are 98 pages, 146 pages, and 226 pages in length. So the 98 page one might be iffy, but when you are looking at 146 to 226 page mini campaigns, that's still a great price regardless of the format - at least in my opinion.

Oh, and Clark, what's the level range on Slumbering Tsar? And are the next 2 parts of the trilogy on their way as well?

And awesome cover images, by the way! Whatever people want to say about AD&D 2e, I really loved the Elmore/Parkinson/Caldwell era of artwork and these images fit into that perfectly!

Last edited:

SSquirrel

Explorer
Uhm... I understand why the Publishers & Press Releases post was made, but doesn't this "I admit I was wrong" story look like a method to slip an add in under the radar? Essentially he's telling us he's got three new products we can buy from him, and maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that this particular sub-forum isn't the place for that?

The ad is not the ultimate goal of the post, explaining his logic on why the products were delayed and why to go ahead and release them now was. If he had just said the rest and not provided a link, one of the first responses would have been "Where can I find these new products?", and someone would have linked it.

Besides, Clark seems to have earned a certain amount of latitude here on ENWorld over the years. If you kept track of the saga that was involved in the 4E GSL at all, you will know how heavily involved he was and he was championing the edition and trying to help moderate a lot of flak that was being thrown around. I don't have a lot of call for 3.5 personally, but I'm gald to see some more Necromancer stuff released, especially if it's high quality.

Angellis_ater

First Post
Clark - from one publisher to another - we're sorry things didn't work out.

But please, do tell us - what were the difficulties with the GSL/4E that made it less possible to release these particular adventures for 4th Edition?

EDIT: Also, is there a particular reason these weren't released for Pathfinder?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads