• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Orcus Previews the 4e Core Rulebooks

Ktulu

First Post
Cirex said:
I think the review was startling.

I'm startled by your post.

It excites me to hear about the changes they made. This isn't just putting a paint job on a house. This is tearing down everything that needed some fixin' and doing a full-on renovation.

Nice review, good points, still sitting here wishing it was the 6th...

PeelSeel2

Explorer
I like that they are doing a 4e Tome with 'Fell' versions of classic powers. That means those Grognards are going to be getting some of my money. Startling.

Zelgadas

First Post
PeelSeel2 said:
Reviews do not have to be balanced.

Exactly. If I like a product a lot, and I want to write a glowingly positive review about it, why is it necessary that I go to great pains to find just as much bad stuff as good so that the review is 'balanced'? Also bear in mind that any review is primarily opinion, and is therefor entirely subjective. If you want something objective, what you want is a book report, not a review. But now I'm getting all semantic . . .

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Why does every review have to be "balanced"? Maybe 4E just is not balanced, and it has more good then it has bad? At least from Orcus' point of view?

Don't you know that everything is relative and must follow NPOV.

Kaodi

Hero
I am startled by how others are startled by the inclusion of the dragonborn as the first race in the PHB. Some think the word for this is bold. The actual word is alphabetized, I believe.

I like that the PHB is crunchy. DMG, maybe. MM... Monsters need a little fluff. But I will reserve final judgement for when I see them myselves. 99% may be a (slight) overstatement.

Harr

First Post
mrswing said:
There is no way that marking (for example) can be considered an improvement over the previous edition.

It IS an improvement over the previous edition. It may a pain in the ass to keep track of, but it's but more dynamic, more tactical, more engaging, and just plain more fun.

Sure if you look at it from the perspective of "programmer trying to optimize code efficiency" or something, it's better not to have it, but come on.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads