• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Big Red Bear (In character thread)

kerwick

First Post
We head north and see if we can follow the tracks. Even though I think that the caravan was ambushed a day or more earlier, I keep my eyes peeled and have my feathered friend scout up ahead a bit.

Patlin

Explorer
Travelling northward, you eventually reach a camp in the mountains. Good fortune is with you, and while you've noticed watchers posted around the camp they do not appear to have noticed you. You would guess that there are about 30 people down there total, and several wagons that may be the remains of the ambushed caravan.

nuthkavi

First Post
"Give me tactical"

kerwick said:
Kerwick turns to Gabe and whispers, "How many can you take?"

ooc: How far away are we? How close together are the people? Are they armed? If so, how? Do they appear to be bandits? Are there signs of captives? How far from each other and from the rest are the watchers? Can the watchers easily see each other or the rest of the camp? Can the rest of the camp easily see the watchers?

To Kerwick, quietly: Unless there are captives to free, I'm not sure there's a point in starting something . . .

Patlin

Explorer
How far away are we? How close together are the people? Are they armed? If so, how? Do they appear to be bandits? Are there signs of captives? How far from each other and from the rest are the watchers? Can the watchers easily see each other or the rest of the camp? Can the rest of the camp easily see the watchers?

Your vantage point is about 250' away from the nearest watcher. The bandits, or so you believe they are, are spread out in a 60' radius circle. While they are in plain view, the watchers do not appear to be watching each other or 'sounding off' on a regular basis. The camp doesn't seem to be run with any sort of true military discipline, beyond the simple step of posting a watch. If there are captives, they are probably being kept inside the one of the wagons.

Patlin

Explorer
Perhaps God isn't the only one not listening? Are we all too busy to keep this up at the moment? If not, do we want to do updates every few days, once a week, or what? Just so everyone has the same expectations...

Remove ads