• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

VBMEW-01

First Post
Just a quick shout/bump to let everyone know that I am working on it and should have something up in the next two days.

Ryuken I will probably give you your own OCC a FF one for anyone else who is interested in formulating such creations.

I'm on it, should be making updates very soon. Hate to be slower than I was, ya'll can all writemy professors angry letters (I'd like that) for giving us so much dern homework in the first weekend of school :)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
This has been the most fun I've had "building" a class so far. I took extra care to balance the powers against those we've seen to date. Please, somebody try this in a run or two and tell me what you think. BTW, reposting here for thread's sake.

Small note on minor complexity: This class involves a few more choices than previous classes, but the choices are made clear within the stat-block (not pictured).

Druid

Role: Hybrid
Power Source: Primal
Key Abilities: Wisdom, Dex, Str

Armor Training: Hide
Weapon Proficiencies: Staves, Clubs, Bows
Bonus to Defenses: +1 Fortitude, +2 Will

HP per level gained: 5 HP/level
Healing Surges: 6 + Constitution Modifier

Trained Skills: Nature plus three others
Available Skills: Pick three skills from the following list: Athletics, Endurance, Heal, History, Intimidate, Perception, Religion, Stealth
Bonus Language: Druidic

Build Options: Feral Warrior, Protector of the Land, Master of Elements
Class Features: Gift of the Wild, Resist Nature’s Lure, Stride, Wild Shape

Druids are the safe-keepers of the land. They go unnoticed within their natural terrain thanks in no small part to their ability to look like the animals within the area. Ancient secrets passed down through generations by druidic circles help the druids in their ongoing fight against those who would defile the feywild.

As a Druid, you are generally close-lipped about your purpose and training. You get along with those who also understand the land and nature’s purpose. You’re at home in the grasslands, forests, and other natural environments.

In combat, you may wait for the perfect moment to strike, or you may utilize the land itself to gain an advantage.

Characteristics: Wild Shape will prove invaluable when in combat. Use it to gain an edge. Alternatively, you can manipulate the encounter with your connection to the natural environment around you.

Religion: Druids often worship their racial or a nature god. Druids within a circle will follow that patron, while those outside of such groups make their own choice of whom to follow.

Races: Any race who may prefer seclusion or has a strong will to protect the land prefers the druid class including elves, halflings, humans and orcs.

Feral Warrior:

Suggested Feat: Weapon Focus, (human feat: Human Perseverence)
Suggested Skills: Athletics, Intimidate, Nature, Stealth
Suggested At-Will Powers: Rake, Tear
Suggested Encounter Power: Rend
Suggested Daily Power: Pounce

Master of Elements:

Suggested Feat: Spell Focus, (human feat: Toughness)
Suggested Skills: Heal, History, Nature, Religion
Suggested At-Will Powers: Thorns, Heat
Suggested Encounter Power: Chill
Suggested Daily Power: Shillelagh

Protector of the Land:

Suggested Feat: Toughness (human feat: Human Perseverence)
Suggested Skills: Endurance, Heal, Nature, Perception
Suggested At-Will Powers: Tear, Stomp
Suggested Encounter Power: Pack Tactics
Suggested Daily Power: Easy Prey

All Druids share these class features.

Fey Gift: Druids take on the aspects of the animals that most closely relate to what they need done. Many do so to defend the land; others to stalk enemies like prey. Some use Wild Shape out of convenience, but rely more on their other talents to protect nature.

Choose one of the following options.

Feral Warrior: You gain a +1 class bonus to attacks and damage. You may apply your Wisdom modifier instead of Strength to damage rolls.

Master of the Elements: You may select and cast one additional non-wild encounter or daily talent at first level.

Protector of the Land: You gain a class bonus to your AC Defense equal to your Wisdom Modifier. This bonus does not apply in heavy armor.

Resist Nature’s Lure: Druids gain a +2 to all defenses against fey type creatures and primal powers.

Stride: Pick a natural setting, such as forest or cave. You ignore difficult terrain when in that setting. At level 11, you can shift as a minor action when in that terrain. Once per day at level 21, you can teleport, as a move action, a number of squares equal to your speed when in that terrain (this allows you to move through walls or fallen trees with ease; cannot be used in wild shape).

Wild Shape: At-will as a move action, you may change shape into an animal. This ability grants you bonuses to attacks, defenses, and sometimes movement types and/or speeds. What actual form you take is up to you (lion in savannah, Cougar in mountains, etc...). While in wild shape, you can only use powers with the keywords weapon or wild. At level 1, you may begin progression in one of the following paths. Repeat this process at level 11, and again at level 21.

Combat Form:
You take on the aspects of predatory animals like the lion or the tiger.
While in Wild Shape, you gain a basic claw or gore attack which deals 1d8 + Str damage. The damage increases by one category for every 10 levels you gain with this form (1d8 becomes 1d10 becomes 2d6).

Defense Form:
Thick naturally tough skin coats your body, allowing you to better protect yourself and others.
While in Wild Shape, you gain a basic bite attack which deals 1d4 + Str damage. You also gain a +1 natural bonus to all defenses. You gain an additional +1 to all defenses for every 10 levels you gain with this form.

Travel Form:
Land, air, or sea; nobody compares to your mobility.
While in Wild Shape, you gain a basic slam attack which deals 1d6 + Str damage. You also gain a +1 natural bonus to your speed. For every 10 levels you gain with this form, you gain an additional +1 natural bonus to speed and may select a new type of movement from the following: Fly, Burrow, Climb, Swim, and Sprint (+2 to speed when charging/running).

Your powers, called talents, are instinctual by nature. You draw upon them through a combination of innate ability, focused training, and strong ties to the land or your heritage. Your powers often benefit from Strength of Body or Will.

At-Will Powers

Heat
Druid Attack 1
At-will Primal, Fire, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 5
Target: One Creature
Attack: Wis vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + Wis fire damage and repeat damage at the beginning of your next turn (save ends).

Rake
Druid Attack 1
At-will Primal, Weapon, Wild
Standard Action
Attack: Str or Dex vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage and ongoing 1 damage (save ends).

Stomp
Druid Attack 1
Standard Action
Attack: Str vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage and target is prone.
Special: If target is already prone, this attack does 2[W] + Str damage instead.

Tear
Druid Attack 1
Standard Action
Attack: Str vs. Fort
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage and target is dazed until the start of your next turn (save ends).

Thorns
Druid Attack 1
At-will Primal, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 5
Hit: 1d6 + Wis damage and repeat damage if target moves before the start of your next turn.

Encounter Powers

Chill
Druid Attack 1
Encounter Primal, Cold, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 5
Hit: 2d6 + Wis cold damage and target slowed until the beginning of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: The target is slowed (save ends).

Difficult Quarry
Druid Utility 2
Encounter Primal, Wild
Immediate Action (Interrupt)
Trigger: You become the target of an attack.
Effect: Against the attacker, you gain a +2 to the defense of your choice and a +2 to damage (save ends).

Magic Stones
Druid Attack 1
Encounter Primal, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 5
Target: One or more creatures
Attack: Str vs. Reflex, Dex vs. Reflex, or Wis vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Wis damage and make 2 more identical attacks. These attacks can be against different targets.

Pack Tactics
Druid Attack 1
Encounter Primal, Weapon, Wild
Immediate action (interrupt)
Target: One adjacent creature.
Trigger: An ally makes a successful attack against the target.
Effect: The target takes an additional 2[W] + Str damage.

Rend
Druid Attack 1, Reliable
Encounter Primal, Weapon, Wild
Standard Action
Attack: Str or Dex vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage and make a second identical attack. If both attacks hit, the target takes 1d6 additional damage. At 21st level, the additional damage increases to 2d6.
Special: If you miss with either attack, you do not expend the use of this power.

Daily Powers

Easy Prey
Druid Attack 1
Daily Primal, Weapon, Wild
Standard Action
Attack: Wis vs. Will
Hit: 2[W] + Wis damage and target suffers an additional -2 penalty to attack targets other than you (save ends). If the target fails its first save against this power, the -2 penalty lasts to the end of the encounter.

Pounce
Druid Attack 1
Daily Primal, Charge, Trip, Weapon, Wild
Standard Action
Attack: Str vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage and target is prone. You can make another standard attack against the same target.
Miss: You can make another standard attack against the target.

Shillelagh
Druid Attack 1
Daily Primal, Implement, Weapon
Standard Action
Requirements: The chosen weapon must be made of wood.
Target: One creature
Attack: Wis vs. AC
Hit: 3[W] + Str + Wis damage and your attacks made with the weapon add your wis modifier to damage for the rest of the encounter.
Miss: Your attacks made with the weapon add your Wis modifier to damage for the rest of the encounter.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Monster Challenge

Should anyone have need of some inspiration, I found some great pics while looking for illustrations earlier. Check them out and make you a monster.

A note on the chariot guy, I see this one as being an encounter by itself in some way. Maybe all of these pieces (driver, chariot, rats) contribute to one larger XP value (like a multiversed encounter). Throw in some terrain and OMFG! If someone wants to write it up as an encounter (complete with map and other, unmentioned, obstacles feel free). I'd love to start an Encounters OCC. In fact, dont limit yourself to that pic I'm sureencounter ideas might abound!

Well thats it for now, back to updating.

Attachments

• skel 1.JPG
    skel 1.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 302
  • skel 2.JPG
    skel 2.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 300
  • skel 3.JPG
    skel 3.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 309

VBMEW-01

First Post
DOUBLE POST!!! I am the master!

MONSTROUS OCC Beta Version 0.7

I went back to my old formatting here because it was difficult not to.I think the quality was better anyway. Below are the new adds, let me know if I missed anything.

Fitz-Human Giant Gorilla, Human Necro, Skeleton Colossus (I took a few liberties here), Young Green Dragon, Snakeman, Gulugg Obeliskeer, Skeleton Powderkeg (mini was a zombie :( ), Keep this up and I'm gonna start the FitzyFolio
Delgar-Zombie Minion
Epochrpg-Fire Giant Raider (I just had to go femme when I saw that one, hope you don't mind)
Clight101-Ettin

I've already posted this project of a monk character class in other thread, but I'll put it here as well, to help compilate all stuff in one place.

Cheers,

Class Traits
Role: Striker. You are at your best while running through the battlefield to deliver the right punch and do enough damage to knockout the opponents.
Power Source: Ki. Your skill is based in a deep understanding of the mystical life force that lies on all things, which can be used to achieve physical and spiritual excellence.
Key Abilities: Dexterity, Wisdom

Armor Training: none
Weapon Proficiencies: dagger, kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, shuriken
Bonus to Defense: +1 Fortitude, Reflexes and Will

Hit Points at 1st level: 12 + Constitution score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 5
Healing Surges: 6 + Constitution modifier

Trained Skills: Athletics and Endurance plus four others.
From the class skills list below, choose four more trained skills at 1st level.
Class Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Arcana (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Insight (Wis), Heal (Wis), History (Int), Nature (Int), Religion (Int), Perception (Wis), Stealth (Dex)

Class features
All monks share these class features.

Defensive Insight
You gain a bonus to AC equal to your Wisdom modifier against all attacks.

Superior Speed
You can move 2 additional squares with a move action.

Martial Arts
You deal more damage to your opponents when fighting with your fists, elbows, knees and feet. This bonus damage increases as you advance in level.

Level
Unarmed Damage​
1st-10th​
+1d8​
11th-20th​
+2d8​
21st-30th​
+3d8​

At-Will Powers

Flurry of Blows
Monk Attack 1
Outstanding agility allows a series of quick punches to break through standard defenses.
At-Will ◊ Ki
Standard Action
Unarmed Strike
Target:
One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
Miss: Half damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Dexterity modifier at 21st level.

Flying Daggers Technique
Monk Attack 1
Makes dodging difficult to the enemy by sending various projectiles through the air at the same time.
At-Will ◊ Ki, Weapon
Standard Action
Ranged
Weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding one dagger or shuriken in each hand.
Special: Roll the attack twice, you choose which result to keep.
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflexes
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
Roll three times and choose which result to keep at 11st level.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Dexterity modifier at 21st level.

Touch the Inner Void
Monk Attack 1
Manipulation of a target’s flow of ki lets a simple touch do great damage.
At-Will ◊ Ki
Standard Action
Unarmed Strike
Target:
One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1[W] + Wisdom modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Wisdom modifier at 21st level.

Encounter Powers

Mantis Leap
Monk Attack 1
Charge to an enemy and strike with a powerful flying kick.
Encounter ◊ Ki
Standard Action
Unarmed Strike
Target:
One creature
Special: You can move up to 4 squares in a straight line before using this attack; you push the target an equal amount of squares in the opposite direction.
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage.

Serpent’s Sweep
Monk Attack 1
Use your quarterstaff to send the enemy to the ground with a sudden movement.
Encounter ◊ Ki, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee
weapon
Requirement: You must me wielding a quarterstaff.
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage and the target becomes prone.
Miss: Half Damage.

Wholeness of Body
Monk Utility 2
A deep control of the flow of ki through your body can be used to heal wounds.
Encounter ◊ Ki, Healing
Minor Action Personal
Effect:
You spend a healing surge. The number of hit points regained is increased by an amount equal to your Wisdom modifier. You may immediately make a saving throw against a single ongoing effect affecting you.

Daily Powers

A Thousand Stars
Monk Attack 1
Throw a fusillade of projectiles in the enemy’s direction to cause disorientation and great damage.
Daily ◊ Ki, Weapon
Standard Action
Ranged
Weapon
Requirement: You must have at least four shurikens or daggers available to throw.
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflexes
Hit: 3[W] + Dexterity modifier damage and the target is pushed one square and takes -2 on all defenses and attack rolls (save ends).
Miss: Half damage.

Stunning Fist
Monk Attack 1
You strike the opponent in vulnerable points of ki, handicapping his combat ability.
Daily ◊ Ki, Reliable
Standard Action
Unarmed Strike
Target:
One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. Fortitude
Hit: 3[W] + Wisdom modifier damage and the target is stunned (save ends).

VBMEW-01

First Post
Nice monk, love it and thanks for bringing it in.

Okay, I'm on the Equipment update and then Classes...kinda tinkering with RA's Final Fantasy OCC as well. EDIT-then I'm gonna tackle all the new powers for the Warlock, and probably do a stand-alone for that class as well (since it is going to be out soon, unlike the others) I'm gonna go ahead and appendix the WarlockOCC with all the relevant stuff from people other than Malcolm N (with full credit of course)

I've decided that once Fitz hits 20 monsters I'm gonna pare him from the MonstrousOCC and into his own book (if you have a name or color scheme or other preferences just hollar my way Fitzy)

Uhm...what else

Well I posted those pics above and am really hoping someone bites the hook about the encounter OCC idea I had. Anyone keen?

*cough*Keterys*cough*

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'll give some thought to the encounter idea, VB.

Oh, and howabout Fitz's Folio of Fiendish Foes? Or is that too many F's?

Fitz's Foe Folio is one F less.

Also, I noticed on the previous page, due to some strange paste-up problem (I'm still alliterating!) it seems to list the Snakeman with the same HP & Defenses as the dragon. It's correct stats are:

Snakeman Level 3 Soldier
Medium Natural Humanoid XP 150
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +2
HP 47 Bloodied 23 Speed 7
AC 16 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 13 Resist 5 Poison
m Longsword (standard; at-will, Melee) Weapon
+7 vs. AC; 1D8 + 4 damage and target is Marked until Snakeman’s next turn
M Bite (standard; at-will, Melee)
+6 vs AC, 1D4 +.3 and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Coiled Strike (standard; recharge 4, 5, 6) Chose an at-will attack, it gains Reach 2, +4 damage, and target is pushed 1 square
Serpentine (Special)
The Snakeman can shift through difficult terrain and cannot be knocked prone.
Skills Nature +7 Stealth +9 Alignment Evil Languages Draconic
Str 16 (+4) Con 15 (+3) Dex 17 (+4) Int 12 (+2) Wis 13 (+2) Cha 11 (+1)
Equipment: Leather Armor, Longsword

And you grabbed the minion, I take it?

Oh, the fig was a zombie? Hmm... I must have misremembered. Maybe I'll adjust it later. It would need some tweaking to work as a zombie.

I'm only halfway to Keterys' count, eh? Well, his are better than mine, too. I'll see what I can do to catch up.

Fitz

keterys

First Post
Cool monk... and... just to give the obvious pointer. Compare Stunning Fist to Brute Strike. Both Reliable. Check. Both 3xWeapon Damage. Check. Stunning Fist also targets Fort instead of AC, Advantage. Stunning Fist also stuns (save ends). Awesome Advantage.

I think I'd have maybe done coiled strike as a minor action done along with its attack 'Next attack gains reach 2, etc'.

Great monster pics. *ponders the chariot* I really wish I had some more rules...

So... more Fs is good, right? FitztheRuke presents Fitz's Folio of Fantastic Fiends and Foes For Fighting From Fantasy Favorites Formerly Famed as Fitz's Foe Folio by FitztheRuke.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
keterys said:
I think I'd have maybe done coiled strike as a minor action done along with its attack 'Next attack gains reach 2, etc'.

Hmmm... good idea.

keterys said:
So... more Fs is good, right? FitztheRuke presents Fitz's Folio of Fantastic Fiends and Foes For Fighting From Fantasy Favorites Formerly Famed as Fitz's Foe Folio by FitztheRuke.

Feasible.

Fitz

VBMEW-01

First Post
Yup, I've got the minion. It and the the snakeman revision will be in the next version OCC (Maybe your own). Keterys' is in brown and red, the OCC is in blues, what should the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF be colored?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads