• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OrkJager

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Yes, Lindal, Fortin, Franky and myself will push on as soon as it is light enough to travel. Koric and yourself will stay behind to rest and prepare spells, watched over by Dagmar. Our companions will split themselves up if that's okay with them? I think it would be a good idea if those of you with missile weapons come with the first group for reasons I'll go into in a minute" he looks at the volunteers for any sign of assent or dissent.

"The advance party will mark the trail so that even a blind goblin should be able to follow us. Hopefully we should be able to make contact and then formulate a plan. Franky will act as messanger between the two groups. I don't think we will be able to take them by ourselves, but we should be able to harass and ambush them with hit and run attacks to slow their advance. This will whittle down their numbers and allow you to catch them up. I don't want us to go to melee until we have rejoined, otherwise we will just be overwhelmed - 6 against a dozen or more is not my idea of good odds."

Harvey

First Post
Koric, Half-Orc Cleric of Pelor

"Hmmm... in thinking of it more, are any of those in the advanced party skilled in the ways of healing? I would hate for you to run into orcs and have no way to treat your wounds. I have a healer's kit that might aide you... so long as you all remain safe and strong to return it to me." he says with a wink that belies his concern.

Voadam

Legend
FreeXenon said:
After Korics words to rouse the halfling, Franky shakes his head to consciousness. :eek: Embarrassment deeply reddens his face as he scampers to take cover behind Felicity. He quietly whispers to Felicity "I am more afraid of Dagmar's skills than I am an orks! It is good we are friends!"

"Right Dagmar??" the halfling says loud enough for the Dwarf to hear and then he laughs nervously! :heh:

"Aye lad, it's good to have stout companions." Dagmar hefts the spear again then scowls "Their spears are not so good for throwing, the thickness and broad head are good for charging and receiving a charge but the balance and heft're not great for throwing. It'd be brute strength over skill in flinging these. I'd expect 'em to do most of their fighting up close with spears like this."

When the topic comes back to tactics he nods "Aye, I'll keep the lass an the Pelorian safe until we rejoin, then the full assault is on, blade an spell."

scout989

First Post
Fortin Human Fighter1

Harvey said:
"Hmmm... in thinking of it more, are any of those in the advanced party skilled in the ways of healing? I would hate for you to run into orcs and have no way to treat your wounds. I have a healer's kit that might aide you... so long as you all remain safe and strong to return it to me." he says with a wink that belies his concern.
"Many thanks for your concern, Koric. I have no skill at healing; my focus has always been to be the one dealing the wounds rather than receiving them. I think that, even if there are no healers amongst the forward group, we must press on anyway. It sounds as though Percy has a good plan for keeping us safe until we rejoin forces. We'll just have to rely on our tactics and our strength to keeps us safe in the meantime."

Harvey

First Post

"My focus has always been to be the one dealing the wounds rather than receiving them."

Fortin's comment brings a chuckle to Koric. "Ah, but I forgot! Friend halfling, surely you can use this kit! If not, then I will keep it by my side."

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Franky, Halfling Male, Lore Keeper

Franky looks a little embarrased as he speaks... "My knowledge of the healing arts is barely better than Fortin's... If we ae in such a situation as I am neede to hearl we will be in very sorry shape rith now."

"However, my combat ability does not compare to... well.. anyone here... I am sure that someone may need patching if you are not with us so I might be able to make the most use of it. I might be more effective patching people than participating in combat, especially when blades are crossed. I am not so comfortable shooting friends in the midst of battle."

"Someday I will not need such things to keep us going. As a Keeper we learn magics to keep or companions going." He smiles at that thought and looks to the group for comments...

Franky happily accepts the healers kit, saying a prayer to Yondalla in hope that he will not need to use it. He carefully stows it in a pouch at his side waits for supper to be served. He pulls out Apple Wine, bBread and Velvet Cheese for everyone to partake. Franky gets Fortin's attention... "Please try these... They were home made in Barrowshire.I do not think they will last another meal... so try it now or you might not get a chance"

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
"Not to worry, I trust Lindal to handle the scouting no problem. We'll catch up to you shortly. Just don't fight the final battle without us."

scout989

First Post
Fortin Human Fighter1

"Why, thank you, Franky," says Fortin, touched by the offer and the heartfelt way it was presented. "Mmm, it is indeed delicious! Is all Barrowshire cooking as wonderful as this? In the Faulean Guard, I considered myself lucky to get the barest rations for survival, and no great pains had been taken with the preparations, I can assure you. Why, if you all keep feeding me like this, you may never get rid of me!" Fortin chuckles.

Harvey

First Post

Koric looks around at the group, and begins his now-familiar jovial chuckle. "Good friends, good food, and on the eve of a good fight for a true cause... what better things are there in this life?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads