• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OrkJager

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Franky, Male Halfling Lore Keeper

Mavnn said:
"How about I take a quick look ahead?" asked Lindal.
Franky brightens at Lindal's words. :D "My strength is not in healing or combat. I can cover you, Lindal, as you go. As a Keeper I have been taught to use being small to my advantage. It is easier to observe what is happening if those that are being observed do not know that you are there. :] My eyes are very good in the daylight as well. It will be safer for 2 to go and watch over each other instead of one to go alone and get ambushed. We can watch each others' back." ;)

With that said, he hops off Sugarplum with crossbow in hand and morningstar in his belt. The warpony moves its head to regard the halfling and softly nickers as the halfling quietly pads to the ground.

Mr. Prez

First Post
As they walk caustiously toward the smell, the advance party strains their senses for advanced warning of any enemies. They soon come to a clearing. The bones of small animals and larger beasts alike are scattered around the ground. There are no living creatures in sight, however there is a large bush. Lindal vaguely recognizes it and Percy thinks it looks kind of strange, but neither think to mention it. Ignoring the vegetation in favor of looking for a monster, Lindal turns his back to the plant and lets out a yell of surprise as a tendril shoots out and wraps around his waist as it begins to constrict.

8 hp damage to Lindal. Also: grappled.

Roll Initiative (all)
Reflex and Will save (all but Lindal and the last person who entered the clearing, Franky?)

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Franky, Rnd:1 Init:14

TO: Percy, Fortin, and Lindal:

Init: 14 (Roll 11 +3 ) AC: 16 Melee: +1 (+0 +0 +1) Ranged: +4 (+0 +3 +1)
FortReflex sv: 22 (Roll: 16+6) Will sv: 13 [15] (Roll: 9+4 [+2 vs Fear])

"Eeep!" a startled Franky blurts out as the plant creature lashes out and violently entangles Lindal. "I should have noticed this thing..." he thinks to himself as he backpedals a little bit from the suddenness of the attack.

[Assuming I am able to act with my saves above - if I have to make them?]
Franky motions for Percy and Fortin to advance, points to where the plant creature is and exclaims "Really mad plant creature caught Lindal..."

The halfling pulls out his morning star and attacks the plant creature from a flanking position finding nothing but air and leaves as the confused halfling is not sure where its vital areas are.

[OOC: Move action: Draw Weapon; 5' step towards creature; Attack Action: Attack plant creature (Of Dooooooom!!).
To Hit 11 (Roll 8 + 1 Melee, +2 Flanking)
]

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Dagmar's waraxe is secured to his back, the thick orc spear in his hand and resting on his shoulder as he traverses stolidly along with his companions. He didn't think splitting the party was such a great idea but he was happy to be accompanying and guarding the maid. He trusted Lindal to handle the scouting and doubted the lad would need his axe before he caught up to them. After all, what could require his axe up there when their plan was only to harry the orcs with archery and stealth if needed and not to engage in the full assault until the two forces reunited? It was not like they were going after tree creatures that needed to be chopped down.

Harvey

First Post
OOC: Mr. Prez, since according to post #292, that if the others shouted, we are close enough that we could hear it, would be we able to hear Franky's "Eeep!"?? If so, can re roll initiative in the hopes of making it to the advanced party?

reddist

First Post
Felicity nods Koric and Dagmar’s words, bowing her head and stifling her tears. “I try to accept the gifts the Green Path has provided me. Its just so frustrating. The teachings of my mother and my people are of peace and harmony with the natural world. My gifts seem so… unpeaceful.”

She shrugs, wiping at her cheeks as she looks up and attempts to smile. “Perhaps the Green Path intends me as its maiden of vengeance!” She tries to giggle at this but it comes out as more of a half-hearted snort through her runny nose. Felicity takes another wipe at her face, blowing her nose into her sleeve. “Still, I will not forsake the principles of the People of the Blue Stone. I am the last of us, and I will try my best to embody our way of life. Someday, when I have a daughter of my own, I will try to teach her as my mother taught me. I only hope I have come into my own as a Druid of the Green Path by that time!”

Satisfied with this proclamation, Felicity rides a while in silence. Eventually she turns to Koric, asking, “you don’t think Franky and the others ran into any trouble, do you?”

Harvey

First Post
Koric, Half-Orc Cleric of Pelor

A worry starts to creep oonto Koric's brow at Felicity's question. "I hope not. Still, part of me regrets the decision to split up the party. For all we know, they might be hip-deep in orcs. But fear not, for Fortin and Percy are steadfast fighters, and Lindal knows this terrain better than anyone. They are more than capable of handling whatever pops up."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads