OSR OSR Inclusive? What's in a name?

Sacrosanct

Legend
So I've been working on a project to create a clone of TSR era D&D, and reskin it to be more inclusive of diversity. I'll attach the blog post here so as to not overwhelm you with a wall of text. Feel free to read if you want.

But more to the point, what to call it? I'm sure someone (almost everyone) could come up with a better project name than me lol. I'm all ears.

Oh, if you're just gonna complain about the goal of this project, please try to abstain from commenting. Thanks!

Blog post here

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I had not thought of Tiamat as an LGBT rainbow flag icon before.

You could lose the black and white heads and give her orange, yellow, and purple heads. Might also get around copyright problems. Plus then you get to figure out what comes out of the extra heads.

Dungeons, Exploration, and Inclusion

Others' Sorceries Rampant

Given the power of the initial alliteration and maintaining continuity...

Diverse Dungeons
Diverse Dragons

Everyone's Explorations
Inclusive (or Intersectional) Incursions

Depending on how ironic you want to be, you could go with Wizards, Orcs, Knights, and Everyone Else, or Social Justice Warriors & Wizards. ;)

Sacrosanct

Legend
, or Social Justice Warriors & Wizards. ;)

Oh no, I will not go with something so blunt and in your face lol. It would have to be fairly subtle. The Chromatic Dungeons is nice because unless you know what the behind the scenes goals were, you might not ever notice it, but instead just make a reference to how "chromatic' = "dragons".

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I don't have anything better than Chromatic Dungeons then.

Have you thought about trying to line up appropriate artists? Since the rules of many versions of the game made absolutely no reference to gender or (human) race (I don't remember there being strength differences by gender in OD&D), the reskin will be a much bigger part of your brand.

Also, have you tried RPG.net? This is right up their alley, I'd think...

Sacrosanct

Legend
I don't have anything better than Chromatic Dungeons then.

Have you thought about trying to line up appropriate artists? Since the rules of many versions of the game made absolutely no reference to gender or (human) race (I don't remember there being strength differences by gender in OD&D), the reskin will be a much bigger part of your brand.

Also, have you tried RPG.net? This is right up their alley, I'd think...

I am already working with several diverse artists to do freelancing work. As well as sensitivity readers down the line to double check.

As far as RPG.net, I had a falling out about 10 years ago and won't be back there if they asked.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases